It finally happened to me...banned from a BBS....

This is a discussion on It finally happened to me...banned from a BBS.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Banned for being a sheepdog. Banned for being proud to be a sheepdog and for trying to educate the sheep. Banned from a "Christian Bulletin ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It finally happened to me...banned from a BBS....

Lightbulb It finally happened to me...banned from a BBS....

Banned for being a sheepdog. Banned for being proud to be a sheepdog and for trying to educate the sheep. Banned from a "Christian Bulletin Board" and I'm "Born Again." I won't mention the board because that would be unseemly but I've GOT to tell somebody who understands. So yup...I'm here to snivel to my fellow sheepdogs. &
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Welcomes ExSoldier to the group of sheepdogs.

Here's your crown, brother!
    A man without a blackthorn stick is a man without an expedient. - Irish Proverb

Why so SERIOUS?

VIP Member
    Their loss....they banned you from there, it's good thing for you since it's difficult to reason with some folks.

We must be the only species on this planet that willing gives up our inherent (and natural) right of self defense to someone or something else.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Assistant Administrator
    Don't fret Jim - the light's still on here for ya
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Well, you'll get over it and live on, I'm sure.

Too bad on the other side though. They have now thrown away the chance to discuss and maybe learn something from you, someone who apparently has a few different ideas from some of them.

I don't hang with people who totally oppose my views, but I do like it when someone says they disagree with me occasioanlly and we have a discussion about it. I find it a learning experience.

Unless it's because you were being an arse there, they are clearly of closed mind. Most unfortunate -- they have decided not to learn and grow, dragging another generation with them.

Bob

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Banned for being a sheepdog. Banned for being proud to be a sheepdog and for trying to educate the sheep. Banned from a "Christian Bulletin Board" and I'm "Born Again." I won't mention the board because that would be unseemly but I've GOT to tell somebody who understands. So yup...I'm here to snivel to my fellow sheepdogs. &
    How about we rephrase one thing in your post? Let's phrase it this way: Banned from a so-called or self-proclaimed "Christian Bulletin Board" and I'm "Born Again." Since I too am "Born Again" and I have no problem with believing that many "Christian Bulletin Boards" are the least "Christian" ones out there I think the addition warranted. It amazes me that sometimes the people who have received God's grace are the least likely to share it with others. Brother, unfortunately being a Christian doesn't make one perfect, so I have learned to accept the fact that only One will never fail me nor do me any wrong or harm. If I am on His Bulletin Board all the rest don't really matter.

This board does not discriminate against anyone - regardless of religion. As long as you abide by the rules anyone is welcome. It is a shame that a board which professes to be Christian can't at least accept people who are Christians and who abide by the rules just because they have differing opinions on nonessentials.

One other thing to remember, by being banned from the board you join a rather elite group - They rejected Him too.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

WHOA!

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    One other thing to remember, by being banned from the board you join a rather elite group - They rejected Him too.
    Ooooooooh I NEVER thought of it that way! WOW.

On the up side, I have a good Christian brother who is joining the board just so he can get my e-mail in a pm to the many folks who sent me a pm asking to read the Sheepdog essay posted here on this board many times. That's what the whole brouhaha was about. I had a bunch of requests to read it and I couldn't send a link because I'd been locked out.

So my bud will pm one and he'll get the essay and redistribute it offsite and all will be well.

Is the Sheepdog essay by Dave Grossman (LTC ret) objectionable in any way? Any "bad" words?

I even have Grossman's personal legal permission to use the essay in a script I'm writing as voiceover narration.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Moderator
    Is the Sheepdog essay by Dave Grossman (LTC ret) objectionable in any way?
    Sometimes an article that causes thought and deep reflection is "objectionable" to some people.

Also, speaking the TRUTH can infuriate those that know that they dont operate in it. Remember that it was the religious folk of the day, that rejected the truth and killed it...

but only for three days...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

los
    ......'Some People,..You Just Can't Reach
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    It amazes me that sometimes the people who have received God's grace are the least likely to share it with others. Brother, unfortunately being a Christian doesn't make one perfect, so I have learned to accept the fact that only One will never fail me nor do me any wrong or harm. If I am on His Bulletin Board all the rest don't really matter.
    I was unchurched and non-baptised until I was 31. While in graduate school I discovered something was missing in my life. I did not know what that was, so I went looking for that "something" and found it was God. My search did not take a year or two but much longer, I went to many different churches but never felt called by them except for one. I am not born again but only born once in Christ. This might be off topic but George struck a chord with me. Because of my appearence (I'm a historical re-enactor and look scruffy by today's standards) I do not think I was excepted by most congregations on my 1st visit. Some people do not remember the teachings of their reglion whatever religion that may be. Some even prevert that religion into a thing of evil. I will stop now and apologize if I have offended anyone. In the four years since my Baptism, I have lead others and now teach Sunday school at my church. I have been asked by other denominations to speak to their congregations about my finding God. If anyone wants to hear more from me about this just PM me. Once again I apologize if I went to far off topic

well ex you really didnt want to be there anyway......lmao...this place is much better and the people are nicer....

VIP Member
    Ex is too much of a good person to be banned anywhere. I have the pleasure and honor to know him and I can't imagine anybody subjecting him to cyber-ostracism.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Administrator

Post pgrass101

Actually, you can't get too far off topic in the Off Topic area of the forum since it's all Off Topic here.

All that I'll add is that any place would be a lesser place without ExSoldier. That almost goes without saying...he is a darn good man.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Banned for being a sheepdog ... and for trying to educate the sheep.
    "Horses" can be led to water, but they can't be made to drink.

Unknown what they said, you said. Amazing that they wouldn't even be willing to tolerate discussions and reasoning about things that don't fit the mold of their expectations. I supposed any tight-knit group can say the same thing. But, it's how an individual learns: by "mixing it up" with others who may be in-the-know, who may have experience beyond our ken, who know more than we do. It's called perspective, and a larger, sharper, more-refined one is always better. Particularly when we're talking about our lives and survival against those who would take their cock-eyed perspectives (aka, criminal perps) and make us subject to their crimes. Hm. I've never quite understood why it's often not just faith ... but blind faith. Blind faith is just that.

In short: It's tough to see, with one's eyes so tightly closed. Always has been. Always will be.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Ex-
    It is too bad that so many people are so blind. On the other hand, you still have us!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links