Warning shots: Not a good idea here

This is a discussion on Warning shots: Not a good idea here within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just put my 380 on "stun" for the first 3 rounds, problem solved!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Warning shots: Not a good idea here

I just put my 380 on "stun" for the first 3 rounds, problem solved!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I would always shoot for the arm....I can't help it if my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be and I hit them COM.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swmainframe View Post
    I just put my 380 on "stun" for the first 3 rounds, problem solved!
    That's The safety your flicking... not a power level switch...

"Stun?" That's labeled >MAX< on my .380... yours must be different...

Disclaimer:
    I don't have a .380, yet. I just own the next biggest caliber with a step up, to "incapacitate"... my 9X18s
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

... when you know that by firing a warning shot you can save a person’s life, then isn’t it the right thing to do?” he asked.

Is he talking about the BGs life? Because if the BG is pointing a gun at me or my family I can only assume he means to kill me and/or my family.

By threatening my life or my family’s life the BG has chosen to do the wrong thing. Two shots to COM (with a magic bullet it can sometimes appear as three, ref. JFK) is the right thing to do!

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchSR9C View Post
    I can see it now.

****sometime in the future****

First you must ask the attacker to stop. If the request is refused you may start telling the attacker to stop in a forceful tone of voice. If that does not work yelling will be allowed. The next step, if none of the previous attempts work, will be to throw rocks at the suspect. After the rocks have been thrown and the attack has not ceased you may fire 2 warning shots. If the attack persists you may target arms and or legs. If all of the above have not resulted in stopping the attack you may use deadly force to subdue the attacker.
    I think you started on track but then didn't quite finish lol. In the future, after you have done all you can do to stop an attack you may use deadly force on YOURSELF. Only criminals kill people so as not to become a criminal you may use deadly force on yourself. No one is really responsible for their own actions. You will cause this person to kill you if you do not do it for them.
    ClutchSR9C and msgt/ret like this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    I think you started on track but then didn't quite finish lol. In the future, after you have done all you can do to stop an attack you may use deadly force on YOURSELF. Only criminals kill people so as not to become a criminal you may use deadly force on yourself. No one is really responsible for their own actions. You will cause this person to kill you if you do not do it for them.

OH!!! I see! That makes much more sense!!
    Rule #1. Cardio
    Rule #2. Double Tap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links