O.C. perp: The Judge Screwed Up So I Win, Right?

This is a discussion on O.C. perp: The Judge Screwed Up So I Win, Right? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The judge screwed up, throw out the life sentence. Re-sentence him to 6 hours in a pen full of starving wolves with a pork chop ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: O.C. perp: The Judge Screwed Up So I Win, Right?

VIP Member
    The judge screwed up, throw out the life sentence. Re-sentence him to 6 hours in a pen full of starving wolves with a pork chop tied to his neck.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Do wolves eat tainted meat? Oh, they probably do... but that's an insult to the wolves...

Now, jackals, hyenas... feral pigs? Might be okay.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    The judge screwed up, throw out the life sentence. Re-sentence him to 6 hours in a pen full of starving wolves with a pork chop tied to his neck.
    Or six hours in a pen full of starving pigs.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

I have always been under the impression that in order for a case to be thrown out or overturned on a technicality the technicality had to have been detrimental to the defendant. For instance if the police preformed an illegal search or the Judge had given instructions to a jury that might have incorrectly influenced then to vote for a conviction.

In this case the mistake made was actually in the favor of the defendant and in no way could have been an influence in convicting. If anything it might have worked in his favor.
    But in a 12-page ruling written by Justice Eileen C. Moore for justices William Bedsworth and Richard Aronson, the panel declared the mistake wouldn't cause them to overturn the case.

Their rationale?

Paer had read an outdated version of a kidnapping statute, a version that actually was "to the advantage of the defendant" by requiring the Orange County District Attorney's office "to meet a higher burden of proof than that currently required under law."
    Michael

Let's see...Yep! You're right! We did screw up. According to this you should've recieved twice the sentence you got. Thanks for bringing that to our attention, we'll sart the new process right away.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links