No humor here...

No humor here...

This is a discussion on No humor here... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Remember this photo? original.jpg Well, now it's been labeled as sexual assault... and, I suppose that might technically be correct... But sheesh Story here which ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By ccw9mm
  • 3 Post By archer51
  • 3 Post By limatunes

Thread: No humor here...

No humor here...

Remember this photo?

original.jpg

Well, now it's been labeled as sexual assault... and, I suppose that might technically be correct... But sheesh

Story here which refers to many others... Yes, it's the Huffinglue post... but still... there's a lot of this going around lately... men can't be men.... telling someone they're overweight is bullying...

MUST EVERY LITTLE THING be PC?

(Mods... one of these pix is huge 4 Mb +.. and I didn't mean to include both. I shrunk one to a more bandwidth friendly size, if you want to remove one... please do)
    Attached Images
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Well, now it's been labeled as sexual assault... and, I suppose that might technically be correct... But sheesh
    PC people can claim whatever they want. Yet, if the "victim" were truly being assaulted by the "assailant," then one would think the person would be resisting at least a little bit. Lacking that, the claims are little else.

"Sheesh" is right. Anything to dredge up a mudslinging fest. Anything to sell advertising space. Anything to make a buck. Pathetic.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Molon Labe

Blooging is a cowards way to throw the F-Bomb at people.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Senior Moderator
    It's just one wingnut blogger who's calling it sexual assualt the Nurse Edith Shain said in an interview
    They went to Times Square where all the celebrating was and as soon as she arrived on the street from the subway, the sailor grabbed her in an embrace and kissed her. She related that at the time she thought she might as well let him kiss her since he fought for her in the war
    VJday Times Square Kiss - FamousPicturesMagazine
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Sometimes my links aren't working.. or my fingers aren't doing the right thing.. or something... thanks... I'll leave it there..
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    It happened 65+ years ago. People need to stop trying to put today's standards to things that happened in the past. While slavery was deplorable, it's history, and nothing is owed to those descendants 5 generations later. Same goes with the treatment of the American Indian. The Japanese Americans of WWII and other groups/events.
    Bad Bob, limatunes and msgt/ret like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

StarPD45
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ +1 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Senior Moderator
    As someone who was sexually assaulted and put up no resistance, I can say with complete confirmation that, Yes, indeed, you CAN be sexually assaulted and have it not look like sexual assault.

However, it can't be sexual assault if the person being "assaulted" does not consider it assault.

I believe I watched an interview with the gal in the photo and if I recall correctly she said it was exciting! Yes, they were strangers, and I'm not saying that men should go around kissing women and hope they find it exciting vs assaulting because I'm pretty sure the latter will end up being the feelings most of the time (especially these days). However, the guy took a chance and stole a kiss and that was the end of it.

No need to make it any more or less than that.

Sponsored Links