Tattoo idea - Page 2

Tattoo idea

This is a discussion on Tattoo idea within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by shockwave When I see a person with a tattoo, I just stare and think, "Roadkill." Not a skosh judgmental are ya?...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Tattoo idea

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    When I see a person with a tattoo, I just stare and think, "Roadkill."
    Not a skosh judgmental are ya?
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

What about when the AR becomes obsolete.........maybe just the words and no pic...Just sayin'...

No body piercings or tattoos for me.

Lev 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Go for it.

The only thing I would do different is not tell people about it before it is done. I don't want to hear peoples opinions about what I should or shouldn't do to my body. They can't say anything about it once it is already done.

No forearms for me though. Have a half sleeve and gauged my ears. Have since moved to discreet locations for piercings and tattoos. Thinking of getting my other armpit done. It is a good spot for silly tattoos.
    nerdyvirgin and dgoods like this.

I have 5 and I would say go for it but on your upper arm or chest.

While I like all of mine and don't regret them, sometimes I do think I should have kept them where a tshirt covers them. Like some of the people in this thread, people will look at you different even though you are the same person.

Another thing is make sure you have it done by a good artist. Nothing looks worse than a crappy tattoo but good ones are works of art.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nerdyvirgin likes this.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Six and counting for me! Go for it!

How did I get brought in to this ?
    PEF, Doodle, DontTreadOnI and 7 others like this.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd taken better care of myself when I was younger

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    why?
    I don't advertise. My thoughts and/or emotional scars aren't readily available for all to see. You have to spend some time talking to me before they become readily apparent - I hope. Grey men don't do ink. One less distinguishable feature to be identified by. Can't donate blood for a bit. They're pretentious. Scars are better than tattoos - they come with a story that brands you who you are as opposed to who you think you are. My body's too purdy to mar with ink (or it was at one time). I have no regrets for not getting any of the tattoos I have comtemplated when I was young. Etc... Do what you want, just thought I'd offer my opinion.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I don't advertise. My thoughts and/or emotional scars aren't readily available for all to see. You have to spend some time talking to me before they become readily apparent - I hope. Grey men don't do ink. One less distinguishable feature to be identified by. Can't donate blood for a bit. They're pretentious. Scars are better than tattoos - they come with a story that brands you who you are as opposed to who you think you are. My body's too purdy to mar with ink (or it was at one time). I have no regrets for not getting any of the tattoos I have comtemplated when I was young. Etc... Do what you want, just thought I'd offer my opinion.
    I asked so that's fair... I may still... I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    Go for it.

The only thing I would do different is not tell people about it before it is done. I don't want to hear peoples opinions about what I should or shouldn't do to my body. They can't say anything about it once it is already done.

No forearms for me though. Have a half sleeve and gauged my ears. Have since moved to discreet locations for piercings and tattoos. Thinking of getting my other armpit done. It is a good spot for silly tattoos.
    well I do all ready have a fore arm tattoo on the right... I was thinking this on the left to balance out.

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    No body piercings or tattoos for me.

Lev 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
    Lev 19:19 [...]Do not wear clothing woven of two different kinds of material.
    Lev 19:27 Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

Backing things up with Scripture is respectable, but please make sure it's in context.

Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    Lev 19:27 Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

Backing things up with Scripture is respectable, but please make sure it's in context.
    Amen.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    well I do all ready have a fore arm tattoo on the right... I was thinking this on the left to balance out.
    This makes sense. I would say do it up.
    dgoods likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    What about when the AR becomes obsolete.........maybe just the words and no pic...Just sayin'...
    I'm not into tattoos but a Model 1903 Springfield or an M1, nicely done, would look more impressive above the words than an AR.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post

Beat me to it, but also Leviticus 11. For you filthy bacon-lovers.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links