Tattoo idea - Page 4

Tattoo idea

This is a discussion on Tattoo idea within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by 357and40 So your face is a blank canvas waiting for ink, huh? Attachment 63434 lol, nope....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Tattoo idea

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    So your face is a blank canvas waiting for ink, huh?
    Attachment 63434
    lol, nope.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

See, in the Good Olde Days of yore, a tattoo was rebellious, a special thing, a mark of individuality.

Now, go to a waterpark. You'll see that they are chiefly the sign of trailer trash. The really beautiful people, the upper classes, remain unmarked (celebrities most notably excepted). The smart and the rich skate away from such hoo-hah. Hey, your body, do what you want. But in the years to come, the "uninked" will be highly valued in society as being the rare minority who didn't follow the herd.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Good thing most job interviews don't happen at a waterpark I don't disagree with your trailer trash statement, but (some) body art has absolutely become more sophisticated and accepted. I designed my tattoo myself and spent over a year drawing and re-drawing it before I made the decision to make it permanent. It's on my ribcage and if I really wanted, I could go the rest of my life without even giving society the opportunity to judge me on it. And I'd like to think that, as a tattooed CPA, I'm as valued in society as the untattooed criminal defense lawyer

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    When I see a person with a tattoo, I just stare and think, "Roadkill."
    45,000,000 Americans are roadkill? Really?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    When I see one that can't be hidden by a T-shirt I think "Convict", followed by "we will not be doing business, hiring, etc.".

EDIT> Except for Military tats. I grew up in a Navy/USMC town
    Nice to know that's how you think.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

See, in the Good Olde Days of yore, a tattoo was rebellious, a special thing, a mark of individuality.

Now, go to a waterpark. You'll see that they are chiefly the sign of trailer trash. The really beautiful people, the upper classes, remain unmarked (celebrities most notably excepted). The smart and the rich skate away from such hoo-hah. Hey, your body, do what you want. But in the years to come, the "uninked" will be highly valued in society as being the rare minority who didn't follow the herd.
    Absolute nonsense.

dgoods and Xader like this.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

The responses to this thread have really disappointed me. I expected a lot more from the people here on DC.

Calling people with tattoos roadkill, trailer trash, convicts, etc is NO different than judging somebody based on the color of their skin. Nice to see where some of you stand.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    got 2 tattoo's about to get number 3 none of them can be seen unless I goto a water park all unique and very personal (mom dad's death, kids and wife name ETC...)
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by nerdyvirgin View Post
    whatever tattoos you get, make sure you can cover them up when you put a shirt on. Job interviews suck when you have tattoos on your hands neck and head, and those are just the ones that are visible when I wear a suit and tie , lucky for me I have a wonderful pleasant personality to distract them from staring at my tatts. I get 3 comments constantly on my looks. 1. Are you a tattoo artist?. 2. Are you yakuza?. and
    3. from cops How long you been on parole?. lol
    I do agree... Nothing that can't be hidden by a long sleeve shirt and pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    When I see one that can't be hidden by a T-shirt I think "Convict", followed by "we will not be doing business, hiring, etc.".

EDIT> Except for Military tats. I grew up in a Navy/USMC town
    OK so obviously by my avatar and sig line you can tell I'm ex navy... Thing is you couldn't tell by my tattoos... Not military related.

Senior Moderator
    .... in the years to come, the "uninked" will be highly valued in society as being the rare minority who didn't follow the herd.
    I think you're projecting a bit. In the future I don't think society will care much who's inked and who isn't.

I know a few things about tattoos..

1) Of all of the people I highly respect and love in my life, about 50% have tattoos.

2) Of all the complete morons and abusers and idiots I have known in my life, about 50% of them have tattoos.

3) I have seen some beautiful tattoos that the word, "tattoo" just doesn't seem adequate to describe. They are works of art that should be admired no less than anything in any museum. When I see those kinds of tattoos my impression for the canvas (i.e. the individual) automatically goes up. That person cared enough about their body to spare no expense and get something unique, well-thought-out and that is artful, instead of just some butterfly out of a portfolio book on a weekend bet.

All that being said, I do not have any tattoos. I am not against it and may end up with a tattoo one day but I will not settle for anything less than the work of art that means something very important to me. And people can think whatever they want of me. The people who will matter will know better and the people who I need to impress won't be able to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I think you're projecting a bit. In the future I don't think society will care much who's inked and who isn't.

I know a few things about tattoos..

1) Of all of the people I highly respect and love in my life, about 50% have tattoos.

2) Of all the complete morons and abusers and idiots I have known in my life, about 50% of them have tattoos.

3) I have seen some beautiful tattoos that the word, "tattoo" just doesn't seem adequate to describe. They are works of art that should be admired no less than anything in any museum. When I see those kinds of tattoos my impression for the canvas (i.e. the individual) automatically goes up. That person cared enough about their body to spare no expense and get something unique, well-thought-out and that is artful, instead of just some butterfly out of a portfolio book on a weekend bet.

All that being said, I do not have any tattoos. I am not against it and may end up with a tattoo one day but I will not settle for anything less than the work of art that means something very important to me. And people can think whatever they want of me. The people who will matter will know better and the people who I need to impress won't be able to see it.
    Don't forget... Hands up "I don't wanna fight" now hit Em again!

whatever tattoos you get, make sure you can cover them up when you put a shirt on. Job interviews suck when you have tattoos on your hands neck and head, and those are just the ones that are visible when I wear a suit and tie , lucky for me I have a wonderful pleasant personality to distract them from staring at my tatts. I get 3 comments constantly on my looks.
    1. Are you a tattoo artist?.
    2. Are you yakuza?. and
    3. from cops How long you been on parole?. lol
    A friend will help you move. A real friend will help move the bodies.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    The responses to this thread have really disappointed me. I expected a lot more from the people here on DC.

Calling people with tattoos roadkill, trailer trash, convicts, etc is NO different than judging somebody based on the color of their skin. Nice to see where some of you stand.

You could not be more wrong on the bolded part. Not even close to the same thing. A tatoo is a personal decision that an individual has made, ostensibly to make a statement to the outside world. A choice and a statement. Color of your skin is something you can't change and have no control over... unles you're Michael Jackson.

You may be disappointed that people view tatoos the way that they do, but making them out to be racist is not correct.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I have nothing personally agaisnt tatoos. My wife has her family name in Japanese on her back (she is 1/2 Japanese) since she still chooses to identify with her family even though she changed her name. I can support that type of tatoo that has personal meaning and not judge people for them.

Where I judge people is when they choose outlandish, obsene, pointless or foolish tatoos prominently displayed on their body. These people are making a public statement about something, or at least demostating their lack of judgement or foresight. I do not judge their character or worth, but just as hairstyle, clothing and demeanor play into my assessment of individuals I interact with, I evaluate location and content of tatoos when I evaluate an individual. I think we all do weather you want to admit it or not.

The real question becomes what do you do with the information. How you use it might say more about you than the tatoo does about the person with ink in their skin.
    Walk softly ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links