My unwanted houseguest - Page 2

My unwanted houseguest

This is a discussion on My unwanted houseguest within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 542196_292688674169861_1316357808_n.jpg Me too............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: My unwanted houseguest

msgt/ret, mano3 and 357and40 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    You'd think they would spray around your living quarters like they do in Arizona?

^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm thinking the Orkin man should be summoned.

I think if there were creepy crawlys around my quarters, I might try getting some coffee cans or the like, and putting them over the opening of my boots. Might not be fool proof, but may cut down substantially on incidents involving yuckies like them.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

LMAO ..... when in the desert I told my two friends to shake out their boots or shoes in the mornings, to make sure there weren't any scorpions in them. I don't think they really took me seriously at all, and thought I was pulling one on them. One morning though, one of them shook out a sizable scorpion ..... and he was fanatical about checking everything after that....

In Southern Missouri they have them, and people don't realize it since it's not desert, etc.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Varob. We were supposed to have a vector control guy coming to the camp but because we are so far out and the increase in activity it is considered unsafe for him to travel and be here.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    I think if there were creepy crawlys around my quarters, I might try getting some coffee cans or the like, and putting them over the opening of my boots. Might not be fool proof, but may cut down substantially on incidents involving yuckies like them.
    Something like a Peet boot dryer works better. And airs the boot out.

Coffee cans would hold moisture in and stink them up.
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    Hey Tacman do you want a bottle of Ortho Home Defense Spray?
    357and40 likes this.

I've been told mothballs scattered around deters spiders and other critters from 'tresspassing' but I'm thinking those camel spiders might just fancy them like deer do salt licks.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

YIKES, go get the flame thrower!!!
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I for one take little comfort in the phrase "probably will not kill a healthy adult".
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    kapnketel you and me both.
    Phillep Harding likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I almost shot a tarantula in Texas when it reared up and hissed at me! I had no idea they could do that...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

ive killed one this far south in Tx, We have them in our office building on occassions and outside with the rattlers o.0
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Camel spiders are a good argument for 45acp.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links