Twitter - Whos using it?

This is a discussion on Twitter - Whos using it? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; And as an added note, my son, a federal agent, says he tracks down the vast majority of his suspects thru Facebook. Seems even if ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Twitter - Whos using it?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    And as an added note, my son, a federal agent, says he tracks down the vast majority of his suspects thru Facebook. Seems even if the BG can keep his mouth (fingers?) shut, friends and family can't.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

One thing that is great about facebook is that so many people are using it. If there is a guy or girl in the news that got arrested for doing something stupid I look them up in FB to see what their FB page looks like. Most of the time it is what I expect to see LOL
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Defensivecarry.com is the extent of my online presence.

Although I really don't see it as a big security concern if one does, provided that you don't disclose stupid stuff.

I just never saw a reason to take the time to post anything about myself out there.

I follow a bunch of people in the twitterverse to see what they have going on, concerts, give aways, some are just funny.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Facebook and Defensive Carry takes enough of my time!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I don't have anything against Twitter or FB but I just don't have an account for either one. My wife and kids all have a FB account so I figure that's enough online jokes and jabber for one household.

If I set up a Twitter or FB account, you all would have to change to the next thing that comes along because with my luck and as fickle as the social media world is, everyone would move on and I'd still be stuck with a worthless account. The day after my daughter set up a MySpace account for me, everyone quit and went to FB. I'm done. Just like the day after I bought a diesel pickup, the fuel prices soared above regular gasoline. I will probably stick with texts, email and actually calling.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    I don't have anything against Twitter or FB but I just don't have an account for either one. My wife and kids all have a FB account so I figure that's enough online jokes and jabber for one household.

If I set up a Twitter or FB account, you all would have to change to the next thing that comes along because with my luck and as fickle as the social media world is, everyone would move on and I'd still be stuck with a worthless account. The day after my daughter set up a MySpace account for me, everyone quit and went to FB. I'm done. Just like the day after I bought a diesel pickup, the fuel prices soared above regular gasoline. I will probably stick with texts, email and actually calling.
    So you are a guy that looks at the glass as being half full?j/k
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I've been on Twitter for about a year. I follow my favorite show and like minded individuals.
    I'm still trying to figure out why HomeLand Security follows me on twitter.
    I don't know,they must be into Zombies and Prepping.

I guess I'm just old fashioned, but I don't "tweet" or "twit" or "facebook" or any of that social media crap! I don't text either. DC is the only online forum I frequent. I get and send emails with a few friends and relatives -- primarily jokes and political commentary, and a few about guns. DC and email take up enough of my time. I've never felt it necessary to post what I'm doing every second of the day on a Twitter account or Facebook or where ever it is that the people who think their lives are so interesting that everyone would want to know what they are doing every minute of every day do so. My life isn't that interesting.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Neither is their's; they only think it is.
    JDE101, RemMod597 and msgt/ret like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I refuse to join twitter. It only allows for 160 characters and most personal statements so short aren't worth noticing anyway.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I appreciate the twitter invite.

But no thanx. I just can't bring myself to plug into the collective.
    wingryder likes this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

No twitter. No facebook.

Survived the first 50+ years of my life without them, and intend to finish the rest of my life the same way.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    So you are a guy that looks at the glass as being half full?j/k
    LOL no. I can just prove that it's half empty. j/k
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

One of my local gun rights forums is considering using twitter to post quick messages relating to gun laws or possible updates of other need to know now items. Trouble is I have no idea how to use twitter. Is it a phone app or something you can use on a computer?

Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links