This trespassing fisherman welcome here any time.

This is a discussion on This trespassing fisherman welcome here any time. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mostly during the cooler months we have eagles that will stop by our pond and do a little fishing. I have been lucky enough to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: This trespassing fisherman welcome here any time.

VIP Member

This trespassing fisherman welcome here any time.

Mostly during the cooler months we have eagles that will stop by our pond and do a little fishing. I have been lucky enough to see them glide over the water and grab a free meal. Today I saw this one sitting up in this snag tree and drove out in the pasture nearby, zoomed the iPhone and took this picture before he flew away.

They are magnificent to watch, especially when they flare out those big wings and white tail feathers.
    Attached Images
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

Awesome! I wish I could see those around here...
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    Beautiful!

My wife bought some metal Egret statues to decorate the back yard, and the next thing we know, there are Egrets hanging out in our pond. Now all of the water moccasins are gone!

Awesome...

Me and my kids got to see a golden eagle snatch a rabbit this past week...

I'm not sure who was more in awe, them or me.

Very rare sight around here.

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Nice Pic. Thanks for sharing.
    minimalbrat likes this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    When I was stationed in AK, there was a bald eagle that hung out on a section of a stream I regularly fished. It would soar up and down the stream in search of a foolish grayling. More than once it snuck up on me, buzzing my head by two or three feet. It was either attracted to my fishing hat or liked the game.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Very cool.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I've taken a lot of photos of Eagles when I have my photography hat on, they are amazing to watch in action.

P5
    Nice!!! We get to see them every now and then down in southern MD. They are a thing beauty and amazing to see in person.
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!!
    Walther P5 / AMT AutomagII

Awesome birds!
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

This past summer I was fishing in Cape May on the canal where the ferries come in and out. My son pointed out one that was soaring above. A truely awesome sight. Tried to get a picture but was unsuccessful.

Nice picture. I've never seen a bald eagle in person, but really want to.

A guy I used to four wheel with takes amazing shots of some eagles that live near Norfolk, VA. Here's a link to his site: Zenfolio | Duane Noblick Photography
    Smith & Wesson M&P9c
    Sheilded Holsters Double Phalanx

Great birds... my obvious favorite... LOL. We have some that make their home around here, and sometimes are more out and visible than others.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

It's a good thing they made a great comeback after DDT almost wiped them out,before they realised what it was that was effecting them
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Cool. Never realized just how big they are until I saw one in a field feeding on a deer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links