Speed Limits.

Speed Limits.

This is a discussion on Speed Limits. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just a chuckle for the day. Enjoy. Sitting on the side of the highway waiting to catch speeding drivers, a state police officer sees a ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By 4my sons
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Speed Limits.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

Speed Limits.

Just a chuckle for the day.

Enjoy.

Sitting on the side of the highway waiting to catch speeding drivers, a state police officer sees a car puttering along at 22 MPH. He thinks to himself, "This driver is just as dangerous as a speeder!" So he turns on his lights and pulls the driver over.

Approaching the car, he notices that there are five old ladies - two in the front seat and three in the back - eyes wide and pale as ghosts.

The driver, obviously confused, says to him, "Officer, I don't understand. I was doing exactly the speed limit! What seems to be the problem?"

"Ma'am," the officer replies, "You weren't speeding, but you should know that driving slower than the speed limit can also be a danger to other drivers."

"Slower than the speed limit?" she asks. "No sir, I was doing the speed limit - exactly 22 miles per hour!" the old woman says a bit proudly. The officer, trying to contain a chuckle, explains to her that "22" is the route number and not the speed limit. A bit embarrassed, the woman grins and thanks the officer for pointing out her error.

"But before I let you go, Ma'am, I have to ask: is everyone in this car ok? These women seem awfully shaken and they haven't made a single peep this whole time."

"Oh, they'll be OK in a minute, officer. We just got off Route 119."
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Ah, tryin' to pull a fast one on us.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    that's a good one :)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

VIP Member
    Sounds like she drove like my Grandma drove!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Nice!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    thanks for sharing

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Another joke, for those drivers who remember what it's like to get a ticket.

Yesterday I was at the local Wal-Mart. I was only in there for about 5 minutes and, when I came out, a Motorcycle cop writing a parking ticket.

So, I went to him and said: "Come on Buddy, how about giving a guy a break?"

He simply ignored me and continued writing the ticket.

So, I called him a pencil-necked Nazi. He then glared at me and started writing another ticket for having bald tires!

So, I called him a sorry excuse for a human being. He then finished the second ticket and put it on the car with the first. Then he started to write a third ticket!

This went on for about 25 minutes ... the more I abused and hurled insults at him, the more tickets he wrote. But hey, I didn't care, as my car was parked around the corner.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

And this gem :

A Southern West Virgina motorist was driving a bit over the speed limit on the New Jersey Turnpike when a State Trooper pulled him over.

He came up to the open window and asked the driver "Do you have any I.D.?"

The West Virginia driver replied "About what?"
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links