Missed the coyote - Page 2

Missed the coyote

This is a discussion on Missed the coyote within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by WHEC724 There you go applying logic to the illogical. The rely-on-government-services mindset thinks a call to animal control will transfer responsibility to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Missed the coyote

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    There you go applying logic to the illogical. The rely-on-government-services mindset thinks a call to animal control will transfer responsibility to solve the problem. Although it's odd, they won't hesitate to call me to come kill a water moccasin in their yard for them, but somehow a firearm terrifies them.
    Tell them, "Your yard; your problem."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Should have used the AR. The heck with the liberal neighbor. If you're good past your lot line, I'd prone out at the edge of it and let loose. I've got some pretty screwy neighbors myself. Used to complain about my shooting all the time, even though I'm completely legal and shooting in the opposite direction of their property. I just quit worrying about it and started regularly setting off large quantities of home made "Tannerite." Haven't heard a peep out of them in awhile, come to think of it.

There ya go buddy, got him fer ye, lol.

Sounds like a 22 Hornet is what you need around there. Less than a 223, but more omph than the 22 mag.
    I have confidence in you, you will get him next time.
    pistola and WHEC724 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Sounds like a good reason to invest in a suppressor.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    nedrgr21 and C hawk Glock like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Sounds like a good reason to invest in a suppressor.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Those are usually illegal for anyone but animal control to use on animals.

However, a web search on "whisper rifle loads" and "cat sneeze loads" should turn up some interesting leads for people who handload and are willing to spring for the right rifles. Best (widest variety of chamberings) can be found in the Thompson Center firearms:

Thompson/Center - America's Master Gunmaker

Back when I was researching this question, SKS was making special barrels for the Encore.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillep Harding View Post

However, a web search on "whisper rifle loads" and "cat sneeze loads" should turn up some interesting leads for people who handload and are willing to spring for the right rifles. Best (widest variety of chamberings) can be found in the Thompson Center firearms:

Thompson/Center - America's Master Gunmaker

Back when I was researching this question, SKS was making special barrels for the Encore.
    It depends on where you live.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Gotta be more discreet laser the yote and call in an F16 to drop a Laser Guided bomb,might wanta hold onto the drink glasses a slight vibration may follow the BBBBOOOOOMMMMM
    darkstar11 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Moderator
    No more talk about illegal suppressors such as coke bottles. Discussion of illegal activities will result in infractions.

I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

There is always the backup plan. First, shoot the neighbor, then the coyote. You are welcome for this sage advice.

Absolutely not true, and in some cases, even if not legal for game animals, it's ok for varmints. As usual, everbuddy check yer local laws.

Hehe, Found this Hunting with suppressors. Thanks for the initiative HotGuns.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I once shot a coyote running away at @50 yards with my .223. The 55 grn soft point hit right in the back of the head (So I got lucky!). I could not find any evidence of an exit wound, not even inside the mouth. Then I understood why the .223 wasn't legal for deer.

Great varmit caliber, but that's about all with the bullets of that time.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Wrt deer, gotta use the right bullet for the job. The 69+ gr bullets work fine for deer. Don't use varmint ammo on big game. .223 is legal in many places for deer.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Wrt deer, gotta use the right bullet for the job. The 69+ gr bullets work fine for deer. Don't use varmint ammo on big game. .223 is legal in many places for deer.
    I took 4 deer last year with my AR using 55gr Winchester Silvertips. The only one that didn't drop made it about 50 yards before keeling over. The farthest one was a pretty large Whitetail doe somewhere between 200-300 yards. Dropped like a rock with one shot. As with anything, shot placement is key.

I've seen deer shot with a .300 WBY Mag that kept right on running because the guy didn't make a solid hit. Ammo was too expensive, so he only bore sighted it.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Absolutely not true, and in some cases, even if not legal for game animals, it's ok for varmints. As usual, everbuddy check yer local laws.

Hehe, Found this Hunting with suppressors. Thanks for the initiative HotGuns.
    Well, well. "Times are a-changing."

Alaska was definitely illegal, back when I was actively hunting. Must have been Murkowski behind the change.

VIP Member
    Well, well. "Times are a-changing."

Alaska was definitely illegal, back when I was actively hunting. Must have been Murkowski behind the change.
    More and more folks here in WA hunt with suppressors.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links