Dog box / crate - Page 2

Dog box / crate

This is a discussion on Dog box / crate within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by killingjoke Go to A Metal fab. shop if you have one close to home and have them build you a crate. Perhaps ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dog box / crate

Quote Originally Posted by killingjoke View Post
    Go to A Metal fab. shop if you have one close to home and have them build you a crate.
    Perhaps they can do some welding to repair and strengthen your existing crate. Also heavy zip ties work good.

VIP Member
    Could also have something to do with where the crate is in the room, the room the crate is in, or even the orientation of the crate. Dogs are particular about where their crates are located, at least that has been my experience.

Is the crate in a corner with a line of sight to the door? Some dogs like that, others want the crate hidden.

I would not feel bad about crating. As some one else mentioned dogs are den dwellers and usually like confined spaces for sleeping and resting. Dogs also feel secure and safe in their crates. When my dog injured her neck badly, yelping in pain, etc she went into her crate and stayed there for several days. Safety and security.

Make sure the crate is sized appropriately for the dog and not positioned near air vents or in direct sun light while you are away. Have the blinds closed as well. If the dog is fighting the crate it is usually an environmental factor.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Most of my dogs prefer a crate, and feel safe in there. Most have preferred the crates be in our bedroom. I only close the doors when we are away or have guests. But they all seem to use them like a bedroom. DR

I had a problem with my rescue chewing up stuff, everything from a holster to caps off gatorade bottles and one day discovered it "snowed" in my bedroom then I noticed my comforter was pretty flat,I invested in about $100 of rawhide chew sticks and put them everywhere,she now doesn't chew anything she isn't supposed to
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Dawg View Post
    Perhaps they can do some welding to repair and strengthen your existing crate. Also heavy zip ties work good.
    You could always push the door against the wall once he is in the cage and......come home to him sitting in the front yard patiently waiting to show you the new doggy access door you now have
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

You can use some hose clamps from any auto part store.

Have you tried to cover the crate with an old blanket. Cave like.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links