H'ard time' and 'lockup' on NatGeo

This is a discussion on H'ard time' and 'lockup' on NatGeo within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Do any of y'all with hard time or lockup on NatGeo? I feel like it gives me a little insight into the mentality of the ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By bigjason6

Thread: H'ard time' and 'lockup' on NatGeo

H'ard time' and 'lockup' on NatGeo

Do any of y'all with hard time or lockup on NatGeo? I feel like it gives me a little insight into the mentality of the bad guys. Granted its a sanitized and choreographed version to some extent but it still gives a little glimpse of how criminals think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos.

2. Remove Ads

I have it on record weekly,Most of the habitual thugs do not want to change what they do which is robbing stealing,dealing drugs and just being huge cancerous lesions on society,my question is since they are not socially able to fit into our society why do we keep them locked up where we have to pay to keep them fed and clothed.
    I've said it before we put rabid dogs down,until you make the consequences bad enough they will keep repeating the behaviour.
    They had one Lock down show in Russia,the prisoners were expected to act a certain way and they did!I'm pretty sure if they tried to assault any staff they would either live to regret it,or it wouldn't be something they survived
    RichB70 and WHEC724 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Some of the people on "Hardcore Pawn" are the same way. They shout rudely at a business owner and use bluff tactics like an ape to try to get what they want, and have to be dragged out by force. On the street, if unavoidable, these people would probably have to be dealt with in a more serious manner. Most "successful" criminals have decided long ago to act like criminals and act suddenly and ruthlessly. Surprise is their best weapon, and ours too.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I agree with the OP's post entirely. I think it's important to try and understand the thought process of the criminal element in our society. I imagine watching TV shows can yield some useful insight so long as one remembers that these shows are edited reality. In my opinion TV has about as much in common with actual reality as free sparring in a dojo does with a streetfight but then again, I have never actually seen the shows mentioned so what do I know?
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

The sanitized version of those shows is frightening enough. If they can't make people realize how dangerous some people are, then nothing will.

Glad y'all think the same way I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Some of the people on "Hardcore Pawn" are the same way. They shout rudely at a business owner and use bluff tactics like an ape to try to get what they want, and have to be dragged out by force. On the street, if unavoidable, these people would probably have to be dealt with in a more serious manner. Most "successful" criminals have decided long ago to act like criminals and act suddenly and ruthlessly. Surprise is their best weapon, and ours too.
    Ever notice how when they get thrown out, they still have the wireless mic pack attached?
    Inspector71 likes this.

VIP Member
    It's one thing to know thine enemy. It's another to try to get in their head and understand why they do what they do. I find the latter a nauseating waste of time. The bad ones are thoughtless, sociopathic animals that care only about immediate gratification, and are largely devoid of reasoning and conscience. Overwhelming violence is often the most effective way of dissuading them.

Naturally, this is my personal opinion, based on personal experience.

Yeah I watch it, among other programs as well.

The key to winning any conflict, is to know who your opponent is, and to an extent, understanding what makes them tick.

Now granted, during the course of an average lethal force confrontation which is usually over with in a matter of a couple seconds, all you really need to know is that the person trying to kill you is ruthless, uncaring and without a conscious. He will absolutely take your life in a heartbeat if you don't act to stop it.

The fact that afterwards, whether he cares about what he did or not... whether he has regrets for what he did, or not, is of little consequence after you're dead.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I've realized a long time ago that some people (easy to identify) just don't care about anything and would shank their brother for a bag of dope.

So I guess I don't need a TV show to confirm that for me.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Links