The spy who got charged,

This is a discussion on The spy who got charged, within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gets to hide his identity... Face your accuser? See your perp at trial? Not in jolly old England... Among the charges? Sexual assault. Story here: ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By OPFOR

Thread: The spy who got charged,

The spy who got charged,

Gets to hide his identity...

Face your accuser? See your perp at trial? Not in jolly old England...

Among the charges? Sexual assault.

Story here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9599...for-trial.html
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Here's the M16 SS HQ in London. Ugly as a tree stump. I wonder if his accuser, also an agent, get the same treatment? The article does not address that matter directly, but it appeared not. Typical British?

Just wow..... how can there be justice?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Everybody knows it's "Bond ,James Bond"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Ole Bond did get forceful with a few of those "bond girls" over the years.

VIP Member
    The request for anonymity came from the PROSECUTION, not the defense. It's still an unusual situation with (possible) ramifications down the road, but I really don't see a better alternative in this case. The man has been charged, not convicted. He is innocent of any wrongdoing until proven otherwise. Is it "just" to reveal his identity and place him in real, immediate danger while he is still innocent? What would be the fall out for other deep undercover agents if any accusation - no matter if it was proven untrue - would "out" them and put them (and perhaps others that they work with) in harms way?

Not everything is black and white, folks. I think the judge in this case made a reasonable decision based on the circumstances, and I'm glad that he was given the leeway to do so rather than to have his hands bound by some unyielding regulation that could possibly result in a dead defendant.
    OD* and msgt/ret like this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Here's the M16 SS HQ in London. Ugly as a tree stump.
    Wow, a full-sized Lego building. I think i see a acouple of snipers with big yellow heads in the shadows.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Links