Ted Nugent's Gun Country

This is a discussion on Ted Nugent's Gun Country within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by OldVet Don't you know the government is monitoring all the TVs that tune in to his show? Expect a fleet of black ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Ted Nugent's Gun Country

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Don't you know the government is monitoring all the TVs that tune in to his show? Expect a fleet of black helis to be overflying your house any time now.

Baaah! I knew the recent rash of gun-related shows was too good to be true!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Jesters Dead View Post
    I enjoyed it. I'll watch just because he's THE NUGE and I respect his unapologetic support of our troops and our 2A rights. Plus, his wife is hot. ;)
    Do you respect the fact that he talks, talks, talks about how great the military and the troops are but wouldn't support this country's military when it was his turn???

He admits now he's ashamed of what he did and said about the military and it appears to me he's on a guilt trip trying to make it all better now by praising them.

Please...don't use Ted's name in the same sentence as our troops. Our troops are WAY beyond ANYTHING the "Nuge" has ever done for this country.
    thephanatik and CIBMike like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Do you respect the fact that he talks, talks, talks about how great the military and the troops are but wouldn't support this country's military when it was his turn??? He admits now he's ashamed of what he did and said about the military and it appears to me he's on a guilt trip trying to make it all better now by praising them. Please...don't use Ted's name in the same sentence as our troops. Our troops are WAY beyond ANYTHING the "Nuge" has ever done for this country.
    I'm no draft dodger lover and not a big fan of Ted, I joined in '68 and earned the VSR in in '70 but please remember that less than 10% of the military serves in combat but no one is less important than the next guy or gal. Even civilians serve and support through taxes or moral support, although there was little evidence of this in my day. My guess is that his tax contribution has purchased a lot more ammo for our troops than mine has and he does a lot for troup moral support today. You may want to we think your position on this. Please remember that forgiveness is a critical step towards happiness.
    JoeK and oakchas like this.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

I liked it. His wife is hot...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

I don't know how I missed that. I watch Discovery all the time.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I saw it and i gotta say that I really liked it. I really enjoy the guys all America attitude..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Indeed a man who is not afraid or hesitant to speak his mind forcefully - and enjoys the hell out of shooting big guns with lots of ammo.

"Indeed a man who is not afraid or hesitant to speak his mind forcefully"... Those are the characteristics of a loud mouth and a know it all.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

I only watch it to see his wife......

I support his message, but he has and does go off the rails completely and make all gun owners look like nut-jobs. He does more harm than good. When liberals describe gun owners, do you know what they mockingly call our position? "The Nugent." As in, "Please, spare us the Nugent, you murdering gun owner", or something similar.
    Don't believe it, go take a look at any anti-gun forum. Ted Nugent is the worst thing to ever happen to the image of responsible gun owners, that I know of.
    OldVet likes this.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmr View Post
    Indeed a man who is not afraid or hesitant to speak his mind forcefully - and enjoys the hell out of shooting big guns with lots of ammo.
    But would you feel as enthused about an anti-gun program hosted by Sarah Brady? Surely she can speek just a forcefully on the con side. And she may just as well draw a large audience with similar views.

Extremism on either end of the spectrum is a double-edged sword (or plowshare for some).
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by FLArmadillo View Post
    I support his message, but he has and does go off the rails completely and make all gun owners look like nut-jobs. He does more harm than good. When liberals describe gun owners, do you know what they mockingly call our position? "The Nugent." As in, "Please, spare us the Nugent, you murdering gun owner", or something similar.
    Don't believe it, go take a look at any anti-gun forum. Ted Nugent is the worst thing to ever happen to the image of responsible gun owners, that I know of.
    I am not sure pandering to the anti's and their image of gun owners is a good use of time. You can do your best to fit into their perfect little non confrontational mold and they still are not going to agree with you on gun rights. Gun owners worried about their image are wasting their time. Gun ownership is a right, if you are afraid to stand up for that right and not mince words when it comes to its defense....you have already lost. Of course, this is just one mans opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    But would you feel as enthused about an anti-gun program hosted by Sarah Brady? Surely she can speek just a forcefully on the con side. And she may just as well draw a large audience with similar views.

Extremism on either end of the spectrum is a double-edged sword (or plowshare for some).
    Sure, its a great thing when people in this country are able to speak their mind regardless of views.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links