TX man in hot water for dove dinner

This is a discussion on TX man in hot water for dove dinner within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; you think I 'ate' the bird, "prove it" . ... where's the bird ?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: TX man in hot water for dove dinner

  1. #16
    VIP Member Array Eagleks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,721
    you think I 'ate' the bird, "prove it" . ... where's the bird ?
    atctimmy likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,682
    Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    “It is illegal to possess any wildlife resource that has not been taken legally,” Lightfoot explained. “By legal I mean there are certain means and methods… you have to have a hunting license and you have to have the appropriate weapon and ammunition.”
    Quote Originally Posted by FLArmadillo View Post
    Guess you can't pick up roadkill either?
    That was my thought, FLA.

    According to the quote, wildlife may be "taken" only via licensed hunting. Silly, IMO, if it has rammed itself against your own home. That's hardly a "take" as such. At worst, the requirement to leave it be could be compared to, say, allowing a downed tree to be consumed by the forest naturally, putting its nutrients back into the forest. But what minute fraction of the population could this possibly be, such "takes" (of the dove) gathered in this way?

    Seems clear that when it goes this far, it's all about societal control and petty territorial administrative domains, leveraging the penal system to keep people under the boot and to justify the budgets to keep hirelings clothed/fed. It's enough to make a person really, really angry at the whole setup.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  4. #18
    VIP Member Array mprp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Update October 12, 2012 – Captain Scott Jurk, a Texas Parks and Wildlife game warden, says, “Texas Parks and Wildlife will not be pursuing any charges against Ryan Adams in this case.”
    He must have been able to prove that there was nothing he could do for the poor bird, as his attempt and CPR and First Aid was to no avail. Man guys, this is Texas. Please don't let this story get to California. We'll probably all have to install bird-friendly nets around our houses if this gets out.
    OldVet and thephanatik like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

    Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

  5. #19
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,655
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    That was my thought, FLA.

    According to the quote, wildlife may be "taken" only via licensed hunting. Silly, IMO, if it has rammed itself against your own home. That's hardly a "take" as such. At worst, the requirement to leave it be could be compared to, say, allowing a downed tree to be consumed by the forest naturally, putting its nutrients back into the forest. But what minute fraction of the population could this possibly be, such "takes" (of the dove) gathered in this way?

    Seems clear that when it goes this far, it's all about societal control and petty territorial administrative domains, leveraging the penal system to keep people under the boot and to justify the budgets to keep hirelings clothed/fed. It's enough to make a person really, really angry at the whole setup.
    Fights over petty territorial administrative domains are fairly common and normative. One just needs to
    read the papers to find many examples.

    While in CT the past two months I heard of a case which reached the State Supreme Court and the plaintiff lost.
    She had buried her second husband (I think that was the deal) in a family plot on rural land. This was done by
    a professional mortuary providing their usual services. Months later Planning and Zoning casually learned about this and insisted that he be disinterred and moved to an "approved" cemetery. The State Supreme court backed
    the Town.

    I've often posted here that many of the complaints about too much government which are focused on the Federal Government
    rightfully should be redirected much closer to home. It is the local " petty territorial administrative domains"
    which can make your life utterly miserable.
    atctimmy, thephanatik and phreddy like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  6. #20
    VIP Member Array nedrgr21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,572
    Guys, F&G officers can be very reasonable. Actively hunting out of season is out, and should be. Picking up roadkill of species whose numbers aren't threatened isn't a big deal. If it's rare or bigger than a coon, call the local F&G officer out and once verified an accidental/natural death and they can give you a special dispensation for the carcass. Accidentally shooting something doesn't count.

  7. #21
    Member Array MisterAvis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bible Belt
    Posts
    224
    Stupid? Guess you haven't seen the prosecution war against rain water collectors in certain jurisdictions.... When the doves are property... and the rain is property... YOU ARE PROPERTY.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

  8. #22
    Senior Member Array deafdave3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cajun Country, Louisiana
    Posts
    760
    Wait a minute! Nobody cares about the poor dove? I mean... why did the stupid bird fly into the house? Was it suicidal?
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

  9. #23
    VIP Member Array blitzburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Coastal SC
    Posts
    3,738
    Quote Originally Posted by FLArmadillo View Post
    Guess you can't pick up roadkill either? Glad I never posted my recipe for split-turtle soup on Facebook...
    Would you mind sending to me via PM?

    -- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

  10. #24
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,655
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterAvis View Post
    Stupid? Guess you haven't seen the prosecution war against rain water collectors in certain jurisdictions.... When the doves are property... and the rain is property... YOU ARE PROPERTY.
    I haven't, and would like to. Can you post or send me a PM with a link. Thanks.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  11. #25
    VIP Member
    Array PEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,682
    Gubbermint - the same entities that pass and enforce gun laws.

    I feel so protected.

  12. #26
    Senior Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Fights over petty territorial administrative domains are fairly common and normative. One just needs to
    read the papers to find many examples.

    While in CT the past two months I heard of a case which reached the State Supreme Court and the plaintiff lost.
    She had buried her second husband (I think that was the deal) in a family plot on rural land. This was done by
    a professional mortuary providing their usual services. Months later Planning and Zoning casually learned about this and insisted that he be disinterred and moved to an "approved" cemetery. The State Supreme court backed
    the Town.

    I've often posted here that many of the complaints about too much government which are focused on the Federal Government
    rightfully should be redirected much closer to home. It is the local " petty territorial administrative domains"
    which can make your life utterly miserable.
    Yep. It's in all forms of government. It starts with the fed laws, flows into the state laws, and floods with local laws. Think about the power your local HOA has over you. It can be sickening. Bureaucrats are terrible in all of their forms.

  13. #27
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,655
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Guys, F&G officers can be very reasonable. Actively hunting out of season is out, and should be. Picking up roadkill of species whose numbers aren't threatened isn't a big deal. If it's rare or bigger than a coon, call the local F&G officer out and once verified an accidental/natural death and they can give you a special dispensation for the carcass. Accidentally shooting something doesn't count.
    Yes, "actively hunting out of season is out and should be," but some of the definitions used as prima facia evidence of
    hunting are inane. Some hunting rules are in conflict with other rules regarding shooting on your own property. There may be
    inconsistencies between distances from dwellings required, or different definitions of dwellings.

    I'm not a hunter, but now and again I'll check the F&G rules and note that some of my non-hunting activities could
    be easily misconstrued as hunting.
    Last edited by Hopyard; October 13th, 2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: typo fixed "our" changed to "out"
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  14. #28
    Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SE Texas
    Posts
    1,772
    Texas is not a nanny state, but it will surely tax one to death, and really, the hunting/fishing licenses and tags are taxes.
    Hopyard likes this.

  15. #29
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    Wait a minute! Nobody cares about the poor dove? I mean... why did the stupid bird fly into the house? Was it suicidal?
    I once saw a deer run straight down a highway into the front of my Dad's truck. Head on collision. If we can have suicidal deer, why not suicidal doves?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

dove dinner texas

,

dove flew into mans house

,

dove flies into house, man in hot water

,

man eats pigeon that flew into his house

,

ryan scott and texas wildlife

,

texas dove dinner

Click on a term to search for related topics.