THIS is where NYC crime-guns come from

This is a discussion on THIS is where NYC crime-guns come from within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Look at it like this Pythius... If we here in Arkansas were ate up with the same stupidity that your executive branch is, would you ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: THIS is where NYC crime-guns come from

Senior Moderator
    Look at it like this Pythius...

If we here in Arkansas were ate up with the same stupidity that your executive branch is, would you want to be hearing about Arkansas being the front runner in more laws being passed just because of the acts of lawbreakers?

Doesent make sense. Never did and it never will. Its just an excuse to take away your right to defend yourself.

Case in point...
    That Ruger 1022 that you love to shoot has already been ruled as an "assault weapon" by the anti's in some locations because of its magazine capacity. How would you like it if it was banned because some Yahoo a gazillion miles away broke the law with it?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    this is an often-uttered falsehood.

laws do indeed influence the conduct & behavior of criminals & those looking to commit criminal acts.

Wrong again Pythius.
    I have taken many thugs to jail in the back of a patrol car. Those thugs laugh at the laws that we follow. Some of them are amazed that we pass more laws thinking that it will affect them. They cant understand how people can be so gullible.
    I deal with the scum of the Earth more than I care to. They dont care one whit about your laws.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Wrong again Pythius.
    I have taken many thugs to jail in the back of a patrol car. Those thugs laugh at the laws that we follow. Some of them are amazed that we pass more laws thinking that it will affect them. They cant understand how people can be so gullible.
    I deal with the scum of the Earth more than I care to. They dont care one whit about your laws.
    a police officer doesn't care one whit about laws? hmm..

the fact is, if its illegal to buy more than 1 handgun a month...or every 2-weeks, the VAST majority of gun-dealers will comply with this law, and make the lives of gun-runners mighty difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    laws do indeed influence the conduct & behavior of criminals & those looking to commit criminal acts.
    The NYC laws against straw purchases, handguns in NYC and restrictions against his felony history making any possession/sale unlawful didn't stop this guy here (in the OP). Unclear exactly where he was residing and conducting business, though the article suggests Manhattan. He's one example. But IMO, the whole article's an example (a) of how proper effective enforcement OF EXISTING laws can reap huge rewards, and (b) that's hardly supporting the implication by NYC honchos (Bloomie et al) that more laws are required to do what existing ones already cover.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Pythius: You want a federal law to solve a local problem.....is that correct?

As a side note you seem to spend more time advocating laws restricting the 2nd A than you do espousing the virtues of the 2nd A.

I would like an answer for the first question....the second sentence was an observation of which you may retort.
    msgt/ret, HotGuns and mprp like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Pythius: You want a federal law to solve a local problem.....is that correct?

As a side note you seem to spend more time advocating laws restricting the 2nd A than you do espousing the virtues of the 2nd A.

I would like an answer for the first question....the second sentence was an observation of which you may retort.
    I plan on soon creating a thread about those NYC gun laws that I think should be loosened.

Lead Moderator
    you are correct: Congress needs to give the ATF lots more money to hire lots more agents, to investigate and crack down on jerks who sell guns to felons and gun-runners.

Unfortunately, some in Congress want to cut funds to the ATF and hamper their work, rather than help them.
    So the same agency that sponsored Fast and Furious, and seems to spend wayyy too much time worried about persons legally buying guns should be given more funding to do what? Keep all the bad out of NYC? Strict gun control only helps dictators and criminals. Look at the U.K. and other "safe" gun control places.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I plan on soon creating a thread about those NYC gun laws that I think should be loosened.
    Like starting by allowing NYS CCW permit holders to go to NYC carrying our piece and not have to have the "blessing" of the commish.
    There's a reason I won't spend my hard earned dollars and pay a visit to NYC. I don't go where I'm not wanted.
    I have a PA permit as well but since I'm not welcome in Philly, I don't go there. Pittsburgh, Lancaster, State College, Shamokin Dam are places I've gone with the family.

Senior Moderator
    the fact is, if its illegal to buy more than 1 handgun a month...or every 2-weeks, the VAST majority of gun-dealers will comply with this law, and make the lives of gun-runners mighty difficult

It it illegal to buy more than one handgun a month in NYC. In most places it is not. I can buy as many as I want and walk out the door with them. No registration, no waiting period, no asking permission.

And let's get something straight about gun dealers. Since I am one of them too, I can assure you that the ones that dont comply with the law, usually dont do it for long.
    "Gun Runners" dont operate within the law. They operate outside of it. More laws will not hinder them one bit.

All your arguing is moot. Your logic is illogical.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

It it illegal to buy more than one handgun a month in NYC. In most places it is not. I can buy as many as I want and walk out the door with them. No registration, no waiting period, no asking permission.

And let's get something straight about gun dealers. Since I am one of them too, I can assure you that the ones that dont comply with the law, usually dont do it for long.
    "Gun Runners" dont operate within the law. They operate outside of it. More laws will not hinder them one bit.

All your arguing is moot. Your logic is illogical.
    if it is legal to buy 5 handguns at once, those guns can be easily driven up to NYC to be sold to rapists and robbers.

change the law to limit handgun purchases to 1 per month..or even every two weeks...and that will make the lives of gun-runners much more difficult.

will it eliminate all gun-runners? no.

but it will make their criminal enterprise much more difficult....as only criminal FFLs will assist them.

Senior Moderator
    It is insane to think that passing more law will hinder those that do not follow it.

Enough already Pythius. You are beginning to sound ridiculous. Don't make the mistake of thinking you can get away with pointless and fabricated arguments on this forum.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

change the law to limit handgun purchases to 1 per month..or even every two weeks...and that will make the lives of gun-runners much more difficult.
    A fool's hope.

Such restrictions, penalties didn't stop booze during Prohibition and doesn't effectively do so in "dry" counties, didn't/doesn't stop cigarettes in heavily-taxed areas, didn't/doesn't stop drugs. Firearms aren't much different, and in a very real sense are even more attractive for those opting to evade or ignore the statutes/penalties.

Yes, those evading/ignoring are "criminals" ... but the mere existence of such statutes and penalties doesn't miraculously cause availability to plummet. Never has, never will, short of absolute and complete sealing of borders and elimination of all inside-border units, which is nigh on impossible to do completely.
    HotGuns likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

some in Congress want to cut funds to the ATF
    Yup, and I propose a budget of $0.00
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Quote Originally Posted by pfries View Post
    Yup, and I propose a budget of $0.00
    that would make it IMPOSSIBLE to stop illegal gun-sales, illegal gun-trafficking, strawman purchases, etc etc.

but it would be GREAT for criminals. :)

if it is legal to buy 5 handguns at once, those guns can be easily driven up to NYC to be sold to rapists and robbers.

will it eliminate all gun-runners? no.

but it will make their criminal enterprise much more difficult....as only criminal FFLs will assist them.
    And then there are private sales….

A criminal spends their time outside of the law or finding new ways to circumvent the law,

it is what makes the criminal element the criminal element.

Stop and think about it, guns in the hands of criminals in NYC give them an unprecedented upper hand.

Why? Because the Law abiding citizens in NYC have been close to stripped of their second amendment rights and their right to self-defense.

You are tackling this the same way that the government has tackled the war on drugs and the war on terrorism. How is that working out for us?

Well news flash it’s not, all either of these has managed to do is impose on our rights, freedoms, liberties, and pocketbooks.

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein

Learn from history and change your tactics or loose the war. Your choice is yours,

I have done my research and my course is set and I am not insane.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links