THIS is where NYC crime-guns come from

THIS is where NYC crime-guns come from

This is a discussion on THIS is where NYC crime-guns come from within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; NYPD, DA sting nabs Manhattan gun peddlers, nets 100 guns - NY Daily News 100 guns, all bought in other states, sold guys who brought ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: THIS is where NYC crime-guns come from

  1. #1
    Ex Member Array Pythius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    462

    THIS is where NYC crime-guns come from

    NYPD, DA sting nabs Manhattan gun peddlers, nets 100 guns - NY Daily News

    100 guns, all bought in other states, sold guys who brought them to NYC to sell to criminals.


  2. #2
    VIP Member Array xXxplosive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,735
    Waiting to hear if Holder is responsible for this one too..........
    ANGLICO, msgt/ret and nerdyvirgin like this.

  3. #3
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    11,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    NYPD, DA sting nabs Manhattan gun peddlers, nets 100 guns - NY Daily News

    100 guns, all bought in other states, sold guys who brought them to NYC to sell to criminals.
    Hopefully, the mayor will find a way to keep these New York gunrunners out of our law-abiding shops and shows.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

  4. #4
    Distinguished Member
    Array Xader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,556
    “One of the reasons New York is the safest big city in the nation..." says Bloomberg
    I stopped reading right there.

  5. #5
    VIP Member
    Array ANGLICO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Posts
    3,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Hopefully, the mayor will find a way to keep these New York gunrunners out of our law-abiding shops and shows.
    He has, and is trying = Mayors against Guns (MAG)!
    Socialism Kills! Time proven, with a very large body count! We are a Constitutional Republic....... not a Democracy, get it correct!

    Don't be mistaken for a Gecko45: http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

    Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14qTdp-Dd30

    ANGLICO Images

  6. #6
    Ex Member Array Pythius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Hopefully, the mayor will find a way to keep these New York gunrunners out of our law-abiding shops and shows.
    i want to know how many of these guns were bought at the same time at the same store.

  7. #7
    Senior Moderator
    Array limatunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,246
    Okay, I'm not sure what your point is with this article.

    A felon (who cannot legally buy a firearm) who is running a ring of young men (most too young to legally purchase a firearm (and likely have records themselves prohibiting them from purchasing)) selling firearm to an undercover detective.

    According to the article, "Investigators believe most of the guns were purchased out of state, mostly from gun dealers in South Carolina." But there is not a link to support material on this claim. There is no note on who bought the firearms or how they were obtained (purchased legally vs stolen, purchased illegally, etc). There is also no information on the time frame these guns were obtained in.. two guns here? One gun there? spread out amongst how many people in what time frame? A year? Two? This was a 10 month sting. That's only 10 guns a month. 10 guys buying one gun a month could do this.

    This article does not prove anything as far as trying to endorse more restrictions on law-abiding citizens.

    If anything, it shows that we need to work harder on enforcing the laws we already have on the books.

  8. #8
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27,396
    Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    An AK-47 assault rifle was sold to Detective X for a cool $1,600.
    I'm assuming that the $1600 price tag means it was full-auto. After all, they used the word "assault," though of course in the if-it-bleeds-it-leads media mentality, anything larger than a pistol's an "assault" something or other. Otherwise, they overpaid on this bad boy.

    Good to have the traffickers nailed. Good to shut down the network. Like as not, a dozen others will fill their shoes in short order.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  9. #9
    Ex Member Array Pythius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Okay, I'm not sure what your point is with this article.

    A felon (who cannot legally buy a firearm) who is running a ring of young men (most too young to legally purchase a firearm (and likely have records themselves prohibiting them from purchasing)) selling firearm to an undercover detective.

    According to the article, "Investigators believe most of the guns were purchased out of state, mostly from gun dealers in South Carolina." But there is not a link to support material on this claim. There is no note on who bought the firearms or how they were obtained (purchased legally vs stolen, purchased illegally, etc). There is also no information on the time frame these guns were obtained in.. two guns here? One gun there? spread out amongst how many people in what time frame? A year? Two? This was a 10 month sting. That's only 10 guns a month. 10 guys buying one gun a month could do this.

    This article does not prove anything as far as trying to endorse more restrictions on law-abiding citizens.

    If anything, it shows that we need to work harder on enforcing the laws we already have on the books.
    you are correct: Congress needs to give the ATF lots more money to hire lots more agents, to investigate and crack down on jerks who sell guns to felons and gun-runners.

    Unfortunately, some in Congress want to cut funds to the ATF and hamper their work, rather than help them.

  10. #10
    Ex Member Array Pythius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I'm assuming that the $1600 price tag means it was full-auto. After all, they used the word "assault," though of course in the if-it-bleeds-it-leads media mentality, anything larger than a pistol's an "assault" something or other. Otherwise, they overpaid on this bad boy.

    Good to have the traffickers nailed. Good to shut down the network. Like as not, a dozen others will fill their shoes in short order.
    several things need to be established about this case to suggest remedies.

    #1. were the guns bought legally in other states?

    #2. how many of the guns were bought at the same time?

    once we get those questions answered, we can see if we need more ATF agents, stronger gun-purchase laws, etc etc.

    but we need more facts & details.

  11. #11
    VIP Member Array mprp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Okay, I'm not sure what your point is with this article.

    A felon (who cannot legally buy a firearm) who is running a ring of young men (most too young to legally purchase a firearm (and likely have records themselves prohibiting them from purchasing)) selling firearm to an undercover detective.

    According to the article, "Investigators believe most of the guns were purchased out of state, mostly from gun dealers in South Carolina." But there is not a link to support material on this claim. There is no note on who bought the firearms or how they were obtained (purchased legally vs stolen, purchased illegally, etc). There is also no information on the time frame these guns were obtained in.. two guns here? One gun there? spread out amongst how many people in what time frame? A year? Two? This was a 10 month sting. That's only 10 guns a month. 10 guys buying one gun a month could do this.

    This article does not prove anything as far as trying to endorse more restrictions on law-abiding citizens.

    If anything, it shows that we need to work harder on enforcing the laws we already have on the books
    .
    Anything to vilify the guns and not the criminal. Just look at the mean looks they're giving those naughty guns. Actually, I'm surprised there aren't a few large sodas up on that table. Maybe that's in the next sting.
    goldmaster and Ksgunner like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

    Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

  12. #12
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,980
    Here's a fact.

    I don't really give a rats ass how many gun are bought illegally in New Yok City. It makes no difference to me.

    I am sure that just about any big city where people like yourself are not allowed the same Constitutional provisions that the rest of us Americans have, do have issues with "gun runners" because that is exactly what happens when guns are outlawed.

    Look at Chicago. I'd be willing to bet that many of their guns come from illegal sources because the people simply cant get them there.

    Heres is another fact. Goods will be sold wherever there is a market, whether it is legal or not. If the misguided people in NYC didn't want guns, there would be no market for them, but since they cant get them, they will buy them when they can. Using information like this to ban any and all actions because of a few law breakers is not only stupid, but it is immoral and tyrannical and if you cant figure that out, then you need to frequent a forum of like minded people more such as the "liberal gun club" where such thought processes prevail.

    I mean really, Pythius, please elaborate to me, living here in Arkansas, where we don't have such stupid laws and don't live on top of each other, why I should care about what goes on 1500 miles away from me? I really get tired of your Mayor and Governor acting like they are the only people in the world that matter.

    Do you really think that here, on this gun forum, that people that own multiple guns and have a rational enough thought process to want to defend themselves with a gun if need be, goes for this kind of crap?

    I've said it before and I'll say it one more time. More laws affect only the law abiding. Adding more restrictions to either me or you does NOTHING to stop crime because WE aren't the ones doing it. What you quote is nothing more than smoke and mirrors for even more Gun Control and its working on people like you.

    Most of us here on this forum know better.
    suntzu, ccw9mm, mprp and 7 others like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.


    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

  13. #13
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27,396
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    More laws affect only the law abiding. Adding more restrictions to either me or you does NOTHING to stop crime because WE aren't the ones doing it. What you quote is nothing more than smoke and mirrors for even more Gun Control and its working on people like you.
    And that's about all that need be said about gun control. It is what it is, and it must be resisted lest we all kiss the right bye-bye.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  14. #14
    Ex Member Array Pythius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Here's a fact.

    I don't really give a rats ass how many gun are bought illegally in New Yok City. It makes no difference to me....
    touching, truly touching.

  15. #15
    Ex Member Array Pythius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    ...I mean really, Pythius, please elaborate to me, living here in Arkansas, where we don't have such stupid laws and don't live on top of each other, why I should care about what goes on 1500 miles away from me?...
    some folks think we are one Nation, indivisable.

    ...I've said it before and I'll say it one more time. More laws affect only the law abiding. Adding more restrictions to either me or you does NOTHING to stop crime because WE aren't the ones doing it.....
    this is an often-uttered falsehood.

    laws do indeed influence the conduct & behavior of criminals & those looking to commit criminal acts.

    doubt me? look at the number of rapes, robberies, and burglaries in Saudi Arabia, where the penalty for such crime is SEVERE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

crime guns in nyc from where
,
crimes committed with illegal guns in saudi arabia
,

crimes committed with illegal guns vs. legal guns

,
kel tec nypd ny daily news
,
murder weapons in nyc from where
,
new york crimes linked to south carolina guns
,
will gun laws ever loosen up in nyc?
Click on a term to search for related topics.