An Idea, nothing more....

This is a discussion on An Idea, nothing more.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; While I know that concealed is concealed.....I just though I would share with you an Idea that popped into my head a few weeks ago ...

Thread: An Idea, nothing more....

An Idea, nothing more....

While I know that concealed is concealed.....I just though I would share with you an Idea that popped into my head a few weeks ago when reading some threads here. Just mentally picture yourself walking into your favorite restaurant and seeing a tee shirt with the photo below on it. This is just for the smirk/smile factor only.... no real reason to do this and give your self away, more like the secret hand shake premise. Although I might just get this shirt/sweat shirt made up for those days at the range when EVERYONE knows I am packin'. any comments?

There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    LOL That's awesome.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

I don't think the general public, i.e. sheep, would understand it. I like it though.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    I don't think the general public, i.e. sheep, would understand it. I like it though.
    I agree, but the wolves might. Especially if we actually did wear this and some one blabbed. I personally would rather be a needle in a stack of needles than one in a hay stack...
    Last edited by Lew; October 2nd, 2006 at 03:42 PM. Reason: lousy typing....oops
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

VIP Member
    I'd like to see a shirt with just this on it:

ARE YOU A SHEEP, WOLF....OR....SHEEPDOG?
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

i love those cartoons.... need LOTS more like them....the new ones SUCK!!!!

Especially if we actually did wear this and some one blabbed.
    Good bet that anything publicly posted out here is seen by some criminals. Heck, if I were the sort, I would do my homework. Where else to get a sense for the tactics, thinking, pros/cons, risks/rewards, level of training, etc, of the more-aware segment of citizens. All from the comfort of the stolen laptop ...

Nice graphic, though. I like it. Perhaps a "secret handshake," then, or a little gruff greeting: "Woof."

Or, even a new emoticon with ol' Sam (or was it Ralph?) and Wile E.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I like the shirt. There is more than a good chanch that the sheep would not preceive its meaning.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    In the same vein, I was just thinking the other day about license plates. I like SHEP DOG, and it is not taken in VA. OK you other Old Dominion members, don't steal my idea! I also thought about SHP DOG, SHEEP DG, even NO BAAAH. Check availability at: https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/dmvnet/...sp?PLT=&PLTNO=
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Garland, NC (About 25 miles east of Fayetteville)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Good bet that anything publicly posted out here is seen by some criminals. Heck, if I were the sort, I would do my homework. Where else to get a sense for the tactics, thinking, pros/cons, risks/rewards, level of training, etc, of the more-aware segment of citizens. All from the comfort of the stolen laptop ...
    In my experiences, the "thug types" who are your typical "stick up guys" are not smart enough or think ahead far enough to do this type of research.
    Most BGs that take the time to research and plan are not going to rob the family on the street for their wallets; itís just not worth the risk. These guys are the ones who pick much more profitable targets.
    Your "average Joe" is far more likely to be targeted by a "thug" or "druggie" in their daily lives than the calculating criminal.
    "Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud..."
    -Jeff Cooper, "The Art of the Rifle"

too funny!!

I think, however, that the point would sadly be missed by 99.9% of the sheeple.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Links