Mmmmmm dinner - Page 4

Mmmmmm dinner

This is a discussion on Mmmmmm dinner within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by atctimmy Hey, you wanna swing by Elsinore Brewery and get some beers or somethin'? We can talk about all these hosers, eh? ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Mmmmmm dinner

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Hey, you wanna swing by Elsinore Brewery and get some beers or somethin'? We can talk about all these hosers, eh?
    Timmy & zacii meet up...
    Attached Images
    atctimmy likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

No license or tags to pay for if I'm on my own land. I still buy a license and a single deer tag just in case I get invited someplace else.
    Well, the rest of us appreciate that Timmy. As I'm sure you know, hunting/fishing licenses are the main way the ODNR generates revenue, which they need to maintain all the wildlife areas and things like that.

I haven't gotten any hunting yet in this year, but I have been doing a fair amount of fishing lately.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    Bass?

Bass?
    Anything, I have easy access to one of the cleaner tributaries that feeds into the Ohio. It mostly has bass, catfish, and smaller fish like bluegills.

I have heard from a couple other Anglers on the river that there are some Gar in it too, but I haven't caught any yet.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

So we're switching gears to fish now, eh? Bass are fun to catch, but if you want a real good tasting fish, Yellow Perch or Northern Pike are the way to go. Which reminds me, my stockpile is getting low. I need to get out and get some more Perch. I found a lake awhile back that I can sit there for an hour and catch over 100 Perch every time. I swear my jig is never in the water for more than 30 seconds.

I still haven't done any serious deer hunting yet, but I did manage to shoot some prairie dogs yesterday. Started out as a quick trip to the range with some friends and escalated into a large-scale war on prairie dogs. The four of us burned through half a case of ammo shooting those little buggers. Oh, and a skunk too. Got him right at dusk as we were headed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    So we're switching gears to fish now, eh? Bass are fun to catch, but if you want a real good tasting fish, Yellow Perch or Northern Pike are the way to go. Which reminds me, my stockpile is getting low. I need to get out and get some more Perch. I found a lake awhile back that I can sit there for an hour and catch over 100 Perch every time. I swear my jig is never in the water for more than 30 seconds.

I still haven't done any serious deer hunting yet, but I did manage to shoot some prairie dogs yesterday. Started out as a quick trip to the range with some friends and escalated into a large-scale war on prairie dogs. The four of us burned through half a case of ammo shooting those little buggers. Oh, and a skunk too. Got him right at dusk as we were headed out.
    I went fishing awhile back. However, the office that I was in lost a few from their aquarium due to me and I have been asked not to come back!

And on a bad/good fishing thing, my nephew in South Carolina was coming back from a bass tournament a day or two ago. Had a friend with him and was hauling the boat behind his truck, momentarily distracted by the radio, boat trailer goes off pavement and he ends up rolling truck and boat. Bad.

Good. Nobody hurt or killed. Truck and boat total loss though.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links