Head Shot, the results!

Head Shot, the results!

This is a discussion on Head Shot, the results! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Okay, the rods are in place to demonstrate bullet path... here are a few stills... and the animation is rendering... the original pic, now with ...

Thread: Head Shot, the results!

Head Shot, the results!

Okay, the rods are in place to demonstrate bullet path... here are a few stills... and the animation is rendering...

the original pic, now with rods in place:
    10-19-00.jpg

a top-ish view, shows the rods.
    10-19-01 top-angle0.jpg

Side view, showing rods.

10-19-02 side0.jpg

You can't imagine how hard it was to get Mook to sit still for the placement, sheesh! No one is interested in contributing to science any more!

Animation may take a while... I won't be able to work on it this weekend as I am working...

and Monday, I go in for left rotator cuff scoping and debridement... So I'll be out of commission for a bit...

But, for those who can't wait.... if you answered #1, you are correct...

tip of the nose hits MO...

Shot 2 hits the upper part of the brain stem...

shot 3... well... it could miss the brain entirely... at least Mook's brain... it's just a little undersized...

All of that said... any one of the shots will probably kill Mook, clean a bit of detritus from the gene pool. And please realize this isn't 100% scientific... But I think it gives a good idea of the effect of shot placement...

My main point is this:
    Taking this shot, while the BGs finger is on the trigger of a gun, pointing at the head of a loved one, would NOT be a risk I would be willing to take... Even if I could guarantee hitting the MO.

And, I honestly believe that no real life sniper would take the shot, even with a .50 even though he knows the entire head will vaporize on bullet impact, if a valuable asset's head was pressed against the muzzle of the bad guy's gun, with the bad guy's finger on the trigger.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

If you're interested, BTW... the rods are very close to the diameter of a 9 mm bullet. FMJ.
    In future, I hope to be able to demonstrate other calibers... and other rounds... with overlays of ballistic gelatine shots to give a better idea of the real results that might occur from real bullets.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

oh, and since search doesn't show other head shot topics... here's a link to the other topics I've started on this...

Head shot.. almost live

The head shot
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

This is very important if you're going after the bad guy with a knitting needle.

An actual bullet fired from a gun that generates not only a permanent wound cavity but a substantially larger temporary wound cavity would probable make placement a little less critical.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Always use the largest size knitting needle you can handle!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

BAhaha, love the tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    This is very important if you're going after the bad guy with a knitting needle.

An actual bullet fired from a gun that generates not only a permanent wound cavity but a substantially larger temporary wound cavity would probable make placement a little less critical.
    Ya know... you're right... but here's the problem... sometimes even hollow point bullets don't expand... and the laws of physics regarding mass and velocity (as proven by a paper straw and a potato) can actually make a knitting needle (albeit large) sized entry AND EXIT wound...

And furthermore... the experiment is to prove that in order to fire a shot that will instantly stop any autonomous nerve reaction must hit, disconnect, and virtually obliterate the Medulla Oblongata.

All three shots are very likely, as I have said, repeatedly... DEADLY. If I want to kill the guy; most likely, I only have to hit the brain bucket.

Though, as has been borne out by our own returning troops... even SEVERE BRAIN INJURY may not be fatal and not only did they suffer from large TEMPORARY wound cavities, they still have permanent wound cavities, and may even have portions of organic and non organic material in the actual remaining brain.

If you're looking for argument... I've got plenty left...

Knitting needles, indeed!

Facts have proven most of your conceptions about temporary wound cavities outdated, you might want to update your curriculum.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I chose door #1 and apparently was correct.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I chose door #1 and apparently was correct.

Me too! I wonder if we'll have to split the prize?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

One other thing to think about is any consequences of not taking the shot at all. You can only threaten for so long before the BG calls you on it and starts to leave with your kid.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    One other thing to think about is any consequences of not taking the shot at all. You can only threaten for so long before the BG calls you on it and starts to leave with your kid.
    There is a point of no return in every scenario. Anything but letting go of the child is his death warrant.

It is at that point, that you must indeed take the shot. Hope for the best.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

!@#$!... i think this is the 4th time if have seen this same post....

it dont matter if you stick his head in a guillotine, nerves can still make a body twitch..

there are NO ABSOLUTES in life...... just odds... and the odds of you pulling a trigger, let alone that trigger still being pointed at anyone is slim to none... after taking one to the brain pan...

https://www.google.com/search?aq=f&o...w=1680&bih=925

Links