Gang Symbol?

This is a discussion on Gang Symbol? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have started seeing this symbol around the neighborhood on teen boy jackets. I saw this one laying about and shot it. It is usually ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret
  • 2 Post By goldshellback
  • 1 Post By GlassWolf

Thread: Gang Symbol?

VIP Member

Gang Symbol?

I have started seeing this symbol around the neighborhood on teen boy jackets. I saw this one laying about and shot it. It is usually on a zipper pull. Does anybody know if this is a gang affiliation symbol or just a few boys that want to look cool - the same boys that think wearing their pants around their knees looks cool. I appreciate y'all's input.

gangs.jpg
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Don’t know if it is some kind of gang symbol but with the Zero Intelligence (tolerance) policies in some schools it may get them expelled and branded as terrorists.
    sdprof likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Don’t know if it is some kind of gang symbol but with the Zero Intelligence (tolerance) policies in some schools it may get them expelled and branded as terrorists.
    Yup. I recall a story awhile back about a kid that got in trouble for drawing a picture of a gun. Like I've said before, our school systems are turning kids into weak piles of mush.

As far as it being a gang symbol, anything is possible. They frequently identify themselves by different types of clothing or shoes, but I've never seen them use keychains. I wouldn't read too much into it at the moment.

If your really intrested call your local PD/sheriffs and ask a member of their gang task force what it is. I'm guessing a fad but you are much more capable of 'guesstimating' by your own observations.

But as Spidey posted, anythings possible.......
    bigmacque and joker1 like this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Maybe it's a certain faddish brand of jackets, with the keyring instead of a Members Only tag.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I don't believe that is a specific gang symbol. Maybe that could be a "rank" symbol inside a gang, or could be somebody wanting to be cool.

I would look at the persons clothing. Certain colors, shoes, sports teams, hats to one side or another, pant leg rolled up, tattoos, how they greet other people.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Looks like an H&K G36. At least they have good taste. haha Now I want one! It'd match well with my H&K P30 hat pin.
    SIGguy229 likes this.

VIP Member
    Anythings possible with the gangbangers.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

It's a clothing brand... Stash clothing. They're trying to imitate the rogue status logo with that keychain. No biggie and don't let it affect you. From what your saying it appears to just be kids trying to incorporate a "cool" logo into everyday things.
    Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    With my schoolyard "gang" it was STP stickers. We didn't even know what it was, but Mario Andretti wore one.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Maybe they just like guns, you know, like everybody on this forum. Poor taste, probably, but is it really that much different than a "glock perfection" or nra bumper sticker on your Chevy?

...ok, maybe

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McDonaldUSMC View Post
    It's a clothing brand... Stash clothing. They're trying to imitate the rogue status logo with that keychain. No biggie and don't let it affect you. From what your saying it appears to just be kids trying to incorporate a "cool" logo into everyday things.
    I "dunno." I went here Stash Clothing and the clothes seem pretty trendy but not like anything
    that would appeal to gang members. I also didn't see the symbol on the pics, but maybe it is just too small to
    show up.

McD, can you post to a url with a pic associating that symbol with that brand

Oh, as was checking out the site my browser informed me that the site is NOT TRUSTED.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

My apologies. Your correct hopyard... Upon further review the jacket seems to be from stash clothing and the KEYCHAIN is listed here... Gift Model Weapon- Mini
    I looked closer and the "loop" has "stash" written on it and after typing in the letters written on the side of the gun "JHG36K" the first google link pulls up what is above.

Again I don't think it's a gang situation.
    Semper Fi

Re: Gang Symbol?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I "dunno." I went here Stash Clothing and the clothes seem pretty trendy but not like anything
    that would appeal to gang members. I also didn't see the symbol on the pics, but maybe it is just too small to
    show up.

McD, can you post to a url with a pic associating that symbol with that brand

Oh, as was checking out the site my browser informed me that the site is NOT TRUSTED.
    Maybe you just haven't noticed but not all gang members dress the same. I've seen plenty that dress like they just left a photo shoot for an Abercrombie & Fitch ad ....

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Links