DEA mum on agent's loaded gun left in airport bathroom

This is a discussion on DEA mum on agent's loaded gun left in airport bathroom within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just had to share. Since I have on many occasion placed my carry gun on the back of toilets, I thought this was an appropriate ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Brad426
  • 1 Post By Spidey2011
  • 3 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: DEA mum on agent's loaded gun left in airport bathroom

DEA mum on agent's loaded gun left in airport bathroom

Just had to share. Since I have on many occasion placed my carry gun on the back of toilets, I thought this was an appropriate story.

DEA mum on agent's loaded gun left in airport bathroom - Houston Chronicle
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

2. Remove Ads

I woulda thought "Free Glock!"
    Poseidon likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Free Glock 30!
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Whoops..... Guess he was in a hurry and really had to 'go'.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Homeland Security reports that it had 179 firearms go missing between 2006 and 2008. That seems like a lot.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

This kind of thing happens all the time. What i find funny is that a private citizen would have been arrested and charged with something completely ridiculous. IMO, they should charge the agent. If you're in a profession that requires you to carry a gun, you darn sure better be able to keep track of it. Especially if you're in a secure area, such as an airport!
    rammerjammer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    This kind of thing happens all the time. What i find funny is that a private citizen would have been arrested and charged with something completely ridiculous. IMO, they should charge the agent. If you're in a profession that requires you to carry a gun, you darn sure better be able to keep track of it. Especially if you're in a secure area, such as an airport!
    I hate the double standards for LEO. A citizen would definetly face charges for such actions.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Face charges? FACE CHARGES?!? Charges would be nothing compared to my CC'ing wife finding out about it. At least the jail time would eventually end, but I would NEVER, E-V-E-R hear the end of leaving my pistol in a public toilet.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I wonder what happened to the guy who reported it. Miss his flight? Suspected? Just curious. Too bad it didn't say.

Links