Moose Beats Up RCMP Cruiser!!

This is a discussion on Moose Beats Up RCMP Cruiser!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A RCMP officer in Prince George, B.C., is recovering at home after an angry bull moose stomped out the window of his cruiser before hoofin' ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Sig35seven

Thread: Moose Beats Up RCMP Cruiser!!

VIP Member

Exclamation Moose Beats Up RCMP Cruiser!!

A RCMP officer in Prince George, B.C., is recovering at home after an angry bull moose stomped out the window of his cruiser before hoofin' it, early Thursday morning.

The incident began as the officer was parked near the edge of downtown Prince George, shortly after 1 a.m. PT, working on a report on his computer in his cruiser, according to Cpl. Craig Douglass.

That's when he saw a male and female moose crossing the street near the intersection of 17th Avenue and Juniper Street in downtown Prince George.

He decided he needed to act when he saw another vehicle heading toward the pair.

"He put his vehicle into drive and attempted to intercept that vehicle to make sure that that driver was aware of these two moose," said Douglass.

That apparently only provoked the bull moose, which charged the police cruiser, running into the front grill and bumper, stomping onto the hood and smashing the windshield on his way onto the roof.
    Moose's hoof breaks through windshield, injures officer

Once on the roof the bull moose continued its destruction, stomping and kicking, until one of the animal's hoofs went through the side window, hitting the officer's shoulder, Douglass said.
    The moose stepped up on the police cruiser windshield before stomping on the car's roof.The moose stepped up on the police cruiser windshield before stomping on the car's roof. (RCMP)

The moose then continued down the back of the police cruiser, stepping off the trunk before continuing on his way.

"Both the culprit and accomplice departed the area on hoof," said Douglass in a written statement.

"This is not a typical file in Prince George.This is a bizarre incident. This is something we don't come across," he said.

"There are moose on the outside of the city, or even in the city at times, but certainly this far in the middle of it is a little unusual, and we certainly don't have interactions with them quite like this very often — if ever."

The officer refused medical treatment, insisting his bruised shoulder could be nursed at home.

Pics here.................................

Angry bull moose smacks down RCMP cruiser - CBC News
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

Was that Bullwinkle??????
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Dern Meeses!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Never mess with a bull moose during mating season--or any other time either. They do not play well.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

In NH I was more scared of the moose than the bears. I was playing golf bymyself a few years ago (with an MP3 player) and when I got down this hill to the green a male moose was right in front of me, about 20 ft. Scared the crap out of me.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

He's lucky he was able to "refuse medical treatment," with only a shoulder injury. A raging bull moose through the windshield could have put him on an extended medical leave, with only a few inches' different trajectory. He's lucky to not need a truss or a liquid diet for 2mos.

Glad he's okay.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sounds like another case of Bath Salts.
    mlr1m and Brad426 like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Isn't this why thy have the Royal Canadian Moose Patrol in the first place?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    He's lucky he was able to "refuse medical treatment," with only a shoulder injury. A raging bull moose through the windshield could have put him on an extended medical leave, with only a few inches' different trajectory. He's lucky to not need a truss or a liquid diet for 2mos.

Glad he's okay.
    No kidding. I was just thinking that both the officer and his cruiser came out relatively unscathed, considering what those things are capable of...

VIP Member
    That poor guy is never going to live down this incident. His new nick name is going to Moose Tracks!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Sounds like another case of Bath Salts.
    A moose on 'salts,' eh? Must have gotten into some townie's stash.

mooseH.gif
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Was that Bullwinkle??????
    Undetermined, but witnesses say the moose kept yelling "Hey, Rocky" and kept insisting he had nothing up his sleeve.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Links