New here

New here

This is a discussion on New here within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hi I figured I would introduce myself, I'm UP4NONE it doesn't actually mean anything it's just some nonsense I made up for a youtube username. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: New here

New here

Hi I figured I would introduce myself, I'm UP4NONE it doesn't actually mean anything it's just some nonsense I made up for a youtube username. I just recently turned 21 and I hope to start carrying soon but I want to take a class first. Hopefully I can learn from this forum and get some good advice. Well thats all I can think to say.

Edit: just saw the new members forum, sorry about that

VIP Member
    Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Welcome aboard.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Hello Sir. I will now give you all the advice you will ever need.....Go with Glock!!!

Hello UpForNone, and welcome from Missouri to this great forum - good people and LOTS of info here. Be sure to check out You Tube videos by Massad Ayoob - about the best info on self defense and use of lethal force that you can view for free. PM me if you want some URLs, or you can just Google it.

Most folks who "start carrying" would be wise to "take a class first". Yes, there are OC states where that's not legally mandated, but prudence would suggest it's a good idea. Welcome to the forum, there are LOTS of smart people here. And then there's folks like...me. Give special weight to the advice of old ones. You don't get old being stupid. The dumb ones die-off. Again, welcome.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member
    Welcome UP4NONE. I think I can still remember being 21. Been a while. Good you interested in getting some knowledge before you begin to carry. Read everything here, and everything else you can borrow or buy about CCW. Best wishes from the great state of Texas.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Hello and welcome from Virginia. First taking one class is a good idea as long as it is with a competent instructor. The life style of the armed citizen nearly demands that a responsible gunowner take as many competent classes as they can. In lieu of this (I know it can be expensive) gathering viable information from forums like this can be very beneficial. One piece of advice, don't be afraid to ask questions. There are a few experts here in certain aspects of the gunworld and you will soon learn who some of these fine folks are. Then you will find others who while are not experts are quite knowledgeable in their fields. You will also find the folks here are quite friendly. If you can think of a question just ask. Believe it or not there is probably someone else who has the same question and is afraid to ask. They may think they will be looked at as being stupid. Absolutely not. The experts I referred to earlier asked questions or they tried their idea and learned from the results (some succeeded, some erred). Learning from someone else can save money and maybe even some pain.

Welcome from So Cal!

DO NOT listen go actimmy! That is a slippery slope and you dont want to go there :)
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Welcome from Michigan!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Sponsored Links