Argo - The Movie

This is a discussion on Argo - The Movie within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Unfortunately, I was part of the first rescue attempt when the helicopters failed in their mission. Mine was low key in that we provided air ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Argo - The Movie

Unfortunately, I was part of the first rescue attempt when the helicopters failed in their mission. Mine was low key in that we provided air cover while that second rescue mission was underway a few months later. I am still at odds to see the movie but leaning more toward seeing thanks to you guys...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

2. Remove Ads

I saw it over the weekend and concur with the OP, it was a good movie.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Did it answer the accusation made by one of the captors that Ahmadenajhad was one of the kidnappers or guard of the captors?
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Something that has always been on my mind. It seems to me that if Jimmy Carter has responded with overwhelming and disproportionate force and violence at the time (e.g. 101st Airborne, Shock and Awe, MEU) we might not have had 911, Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by knite7 View Post
    Something that has always been on my mind. It seems to me that if Jimmy Carter has responded with overwhelming and disproportionate force and violence at the time (e.g. 101st Airborne, Shock and Awe, MEU) we might not have had 911, Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya. Just a thought.
    I believe your suspicions are correct on this. Now we are loosing more respect by allowing an ambassador be murdered without retaliation or even holding anyone accountable.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

We've been fighting in the Middle East since this country's inception. "To the shores of Tripoli"

Just a thought
    BritishAgent likes this.

My wife and I loved it. Glad we have such brave people in America. Looking forward to Spielburg's Lincoln.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Argo - The Movie

I also saw the movie over the weekend. I thought it was one of the more enjoyable flicks that I have seen in a while, highly recommended !!

I had served just prior to the Iran Hostage Embassy takeover,I can't remember if I was aware that the 6 employees were able to escape.I do remember that the day Reagan was sworn in they released the hostages,they must of seen hyim in a couple of westerns and knew he wasn't a Jimmy Carter
    BritishAgent likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I do remember that the day Reagan was sworn in they released the hostages,they must of seen him in a couple of westerns and knew he wasn't a Jimmy Carter
    rofl, talk about whitewashing.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Saw it a couple of hours ago. Excellent film.
    Tony Mendez last I heard was living in Washington County Maryland and after 9/11 applied his talents to some of the burn victims from the Pentagon.
    I have to catch it when it comes out on disc so I can freeze frame certain parts but I do believe they may have actually filmed a couple of the headquarters scenes at Langley. Most glaring errors I caught were the ID cards and the patches on the uniforms at HQ were wrong. Back then they wore the standard GSA Police uniforms. If that isn't nit picking I don't know what is.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Great movie.........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links