Learning about horse puckey

This is a discussion on Learning about horse puckey within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mrs. Savage Heartland had surgery on her hand this past Thursday morning. Got her home and all is well. She'll be mending as the days ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By svgheartland
  • 1 Post By Piratesailor

Thread: Learning about horse puckey

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar

Learning about horse puckey

Mrs. Savage Heartland had surgery on her hand this past Thursday morning. Got her home and all is well. She'll be mending as the days go by. She was kind enough to line up a menu for the evenings that's pretty simple for me to whip up and clean up afterwards. I'm happy to take care of her, Lord knows its usually her tending to me. BUT....the horses are another thing. How many years we've had horses I cannot say. Many. But they're not mine, they're hers and I don't do horses, nor do I tend to horses. Until now. I guess I bought these horses at some point in time but i dont recall voting on it. Now I'm picking stalls and spreading manure and just general horse puckey. Makes me love my tractor and my 4 wheeler all the more. My chores are done for the morning so I'm gonna play with the chain saw. Tonight, being Sunday, I have to fix them a bran mash. Ritual I guess. I think for a horse it's the equivalent to hot coffee, steak and eggs after a cold morning in the field.

If your significant other says "honey, let's get a horse", get on your bad motor scooter and ride.
    Rock and Glock, mlr1m and zacii like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

2. Remove Ads

My girlfriend has 11 on her 14 acres right now. The most they've had was 18 at once. Man, they require so much upkeep. I thought my puppy was a lot of work..

Lmao...I wonder if my wife was thinking like that when I bought my latest sailboat...
    CaptSmith likes this.

Administrator
    You're married. Those horses are half yours & now the front halves of them are yours as well as the rear halves.

Glad that the Mrs. is making a good recovery.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Don't let the "puckey" get you down. Just think of all the warm nuzzling you'll get, from the helpings of mash, and the occasional apples and sugar lumps you bring them.

And when you finally get up into the saddle, I'm sure your little gifts will be remembered. Better than the alternative. (Trust me on that one, if you've never been there.)

Hopefully your S.O. gets well soon. I'm sure she'll appreciate the break from muckin'.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Well, at least you are able to deal with the uptick in "earthiness" with a good attitude. Hopefully, Mrs. SH will recognize all of your good works. I hope that she heals well and quickly.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Riding off wouldn't do me any good, I love horses. I lived on a horse farm from 1959 to 1967, plus my uncle ran a boarding stable from 1966 until about 5 years ago. I helped out there alot during the summers and school vacations until I graduated high school in 1978. I cleaned stalls, fed the horses, help mend fences, pack hay in the lofts, and much more. Loved every minute of it. He had his own Thorobreds (two were show horses) and a buckskin Quarterhorse stallion who was my favorite.

Preciate it guys. There's a stew on the burner, the wind and rain is blowing a bit with Sandy and we just re-wrapped her hand with Vet Wrap; Same stuff they use at the hospital but in different colors and 20 cents on the dollar. I guess my life is pretty damn good about now...... I'm not wishing for anything, seems I've got it all. Accept a Model 60. And some other stuff.
    Savage Heartland

Administrator
    For sure appreciate the fact that you have some land - lots of natural fertilizer <~~ and a tractor. They may all be as good as gold in our near and uncertain future.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

QK, that wasn't the intent but it's sure part of the plan. Or was it? I'm not sure. But we're dug in and I promised my son that he could have the backhoe if he buried me with it first and told folks that I went for a drive. Works for me. Meanwhile, we're staying clean and lubed.
    Savage Heartland

Links