Are any forum members evacuating for Sandy or staying put? Are you prepared?

This is a discussion on Are any forum members evacuating for Sandy or staying put? Are you prepared? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; First, I want to say that I hope all our members affected by the coming storm will be okay and no loss of life. You ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Are any forum members evacuating for Sandy or staying put? Are you prepared?

Are any forum members evacuating for Sandy or staying put? Are you prepared?

First, I want to say that I hope all our members affected by the coming storm will be okay and no loss of life. You are in our prayers.

This is mainly a post to get the conversation going with those who live where they know they are going to be significantly impacted by Hurricane Sandy. Is this something you consider to be a SHTF scenario or is that reserved for something worse? And, are you adequately prepared?

I'm curious how many of our members are having to actually evacuate from where they live for Hurricane Sandy?

If you are evacuating, do you feel you have been properly prepared and ready to go?

For those members who expect to stay, but expecting to be without electricity for a week... Are you guys satisfied with your preparations?

Anyone in the storm area, feel free to post what your plans are?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

We're hangin' in there.... here in Central Jersey so far.............but tonight could well be a nightmare......we're as prepaired as one could be.....food, batteries, generators, vehicle's gassed up, magazines filled up and our 23' boat pulled from the Marina and trailerd out on our front lawn........it's not up to us here anymore.....hoping for the best.....expecting the worst.......will get back to ya after the fight is over.

Thoughts and prayers to those in the path of this record-breaking storm...stay safe out there!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Hope you all stay warm and dry and well fed. Keep an eye out for looting. People are reporting that looters plan to organize via Twitter. Don't know if it's true or just B.S. Keep us posted as time permits.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

They may try....................we're ready here.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

Re: Are any forum members evacuating for Sandy or staying put? Are you prepared?

Hopefully everyone is safe. We had the big storm in June and our police expected looting, instead it was neighbors helping one another.

I'm in Ohio and we are told to prepare for power outages, so I fueled the car, generator and extra cans, bought canned food and brought in firewood

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

hangin in in NoVA and continually laughing at all the morons that ran out to the store last night and this am to clean out the bottled water, TP, milk, and bread. Supposedly there were some gas stations here locally that were out of gas earlier this afternoon with lines and signs telling the unplanned knuckleheads to go home.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Im in Fall River where our coast (5 minutes from me) was evacuated. So far so good here generally. We still have power at my house.
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

Re: Are any forum members evacuating for Sandy or staying put? Are you prepared?

Desantis holsters put out a tweet that they were closing for the day.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

My wife and I are both Flight attendants. I lucked out and made it home to Florida today, she got stuck in Philly. I just spoke with her... she is on the 19th floor of her hotel in Downtown Philadelphia, and said the wind is howling and the building is shaking.

I told her to take all precautions, fill tub w/ water, charge phone and iPad, keep Flashlight handy, etc...

I'm in northern VA... Base has shut down all but essential personnel, were stocked up, generator is fueled up and were ready for the storm. I personally don't consider this a SHTF situation. Ill keep you all posted as to what happens down here.
    Bark'n likes this.
    Semper Fi

Just some rain and wind, it mostly passed me by without problems.

Bummer, because I wanted out of work.

Administrator
    Hoping that all of our members and their families stay safe.

Power outages are up to over 3 Million total as of a few minutes ago.

So far we are just getting non stop rain where I am at here in PA and no high winds yet.
    It seems as though our biggest problem will be super saturated soil that is expected to cause trees to fall and down power lines.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member
    Midnight here in NC piedmont area and we have been and still getting strong wind gust with the storm way north of us hitting NJ. No rain to amount to anything but that wind feels like its blowing over ice....brrrr !
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

VIP Member
    Stayed put. Power didn't even flicker here in the Richmond area.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links