Tipping when you pick up your food order - Page 5

Tipping when you pick up your food order

This is a discussion on Tipping when you pick up your food order within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; No....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Tipping when you pick up your food order

No.

Did you know that a waitress or waiter has to pay 8% tip tax on every food order ? Yes they do. my mother and my ex-wife had to pay 8% tip tax on all sales. Yes you can thank Ronald Wilson Reagen for that one.
    Also here in oklahoma tips are considered wages. oklahoma minimum wage for a wait-person is $2.13 per hour, plus tips.
    So Yes I Do TIP! no person is going to suffer 8% on my behalf, most wait people work hard for their money. I'm not going to stiff a good waitress.
    david
    highvoltage likes this.

HCF

Re: Tipping when you pick up your food order

Fast food no, but carry out from restaurant or dinning in I tip cash and tip heavy for good service.
    the6shooter likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the6shooter View Post
    Did you know that a waitress or waiter has to pay 8% tip tax on every food order ? Yes they do. my mother and my ex-wife had to pay 8% tip tax on all sales. Yes you can thank Ronald Wilson Reagen for that one.
    Also here in oklahoma tips are considered wages. oklahoma minimum wage for a wait-person is $2.13 per hour, plus tips.
    So Yes I Do TIP! no person is going to suffer 8% on my behalf, most wait people work hard for their money. I'm not going to stiff a good waitress.
    david
    All fair comments, but for take away, you are paying a cashier, not the wait staff.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    The range comments got me thinking...I just started going to the range and the guy there is very helpful. Sometimes a little too helpful because he never. stops. talking. But, he's really nice and seems to know his stuff.
    I didn't know range attendents got tips.

How much is considered a good tip for about 1/2 an hour of shooting?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    All fair comments, but for take away, you are paying a cashier, not the wait staff.
    When I pick up at restaurants, Red Lobster, Outback, etc, the food is brought out by a wait staff person. I give the money to them, not a cashier.
    BritishAgent likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links