Is this true? if it is...

This is a discussion on Is this true? if it is... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Too many variable,s including the fact that people don't usually see doctor's until something is wrong....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Is this true? if it is...

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Too many variable,s including the fact that people don't usually see doctor's until something is wrong.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I favor a ban on assault doctors.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    If true, it would be a good "shock statistic" to use for antis, and I've seen it used before, as well as drownings, car accidents, and others of the many ways people die each year. The point isn't to get into the variables any more than the antis want to jump into the variables associated with firearm-related deaths. They don't want to talk about the lives firearm ownership have saved, so there's no reason to bring up how many lives these doctors have saved. Plus, all comparisons fall apart if you look too deeply at them.

Antis don't want to compare firearm-related deaths to other mortality rates or other causes of deaths because the shock is cushioned too much to get people emotionally charged (which is the ultimate goal: to people to react emotionally rather than rationally/logically). What they do is say "firearms have caused [x] deaths" and want to leave it at that, thinking that the high number (without context) is enough to make people want to do away with those unnecessary tools of destruction. When you put the number in context with other causes of death, suddenly the issue doesn't seem quite as nasty.

Also, there's a reason why I never see doctors wearing black scrubs/coats: they don't want to be compared to evil black guns.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I think that we should limit the number of (and size of?) magazines each doctor's waiting room has. Heck, such a defensive measure greatly reduced swine flu incidence!
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links