Not using social media means your crazy? DailyNews article, ridiculous!

This is a discussion on Not using social media means your crazy? DailyNews article, ridiculous! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; No one can find me on Facebook unless I add them, so employers can kiss my ass. I'm read to delete it most days too ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Not using social media means your crazy? DailyNews article, ridiculous!

No one can find me on Facebook unless I add them, so employers can kiss my ass.

I'm read to delete it most days too because I despise it, and now it's become inundated with ads and BS and it angers me daily.

Some of us like our privacy faceless job people

2. Remove Ads

I never had the interest in facbook, myspace and the such. If I want to communicate with some one, I call them and we talk. This forum is as much as I will ever do.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Its not just FB, its anything you put on the net. Try googling your forum name and see what comes up.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I made my living in IT. I have no need or plans to post my life on FB for the masses to review. When the SHTF, I want to be as far off the social media grid as possible.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Its not just FB, its anything you put on the net. Try googling your forum name and see what comes up.
    That is one reason I use the name I do.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member
    No FB, Twitter or anything else. Had a MySpace few years ago, realized it was dumb after awhile. This is forum is as "social media" as I get. Guess I'm "suspicious"
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

FB is a tool. I'm on it alot being overseas..... absolutly wonderful to keep up with family and friends. I have 59 'friends', all family, neighbors, and old buddies I still keep up with. A potential employer wants to see my page? Go ahead, but I ain't 'friending' them. Someone is 'investigating' me, sure..... it's five minuets you'll never have back. I'm that boring and goofy on FB.

My daughters, on the other hand, ................
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
    Attachment 63994

How ridiculous is that! I got on Facebook very early on, I liked being able to find people that I had lost touch with... but over the past few years, it has turned into a media frenzy... it is full of companies vying for attention in your "private" world. Also, I don't care who hates their monday and who is drinking coffee with their cat. I got bored and left...

Unfortunately, you can't delete your account, only "deactivate"... FB retains the rights to EVERYTHING you post... every word, every photo, every like, every link! NOPE, not interested in that. I guess that makes me "Crazy"
    I did the as exact same thing.. Was in from the beginning but left last year. Color me crazy.

Yup, lots of hits for suntzu
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Someone can say, "employers this" or "employer that," but they surely can not speak to the universe
    of employers.

Some employers break every employment law imaginable when interviewing prospective employees,
    and others adhere stringently to the law. There is no certitude when you are being interviewed.
    And let's be brutally honest, some employers, are sociopaths and psychopaths who enjoy making
    the interviewed applicant squirm. If the interview is uncomfortable, inappropriately personal, excessively
    prying, you probably need to be looking for a different employer. Few ordinary positions are so
    sensitive that they require deep investigation of applicants.

If a young person asked my advice, I would suggest that they keep a very low internet profile until they
    are established in a career.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Facebook has caused more friends to not be friends in real life, even causing family to not like each other. Why? Mostly there are posts that spark controversy, especially politics. Most people tend to say things that they wouldn't normally. I've noticed a lot of people I know dont talk to each other in real lifse over FB posts.. its nuts, I left Fb after a year I had enough. It is good for musicians like myself for networking with people in the country music business, posting new songs ect... but I'd rather be on a forum like this which I have a lot of interest and learn a lot from people who knw what they are talking about with firearms..

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Yup, lots of hits for suntzu
    Me too, pretty much obscured!

Quote Originally Posted by mg27 View Post
    Facebook has caused more friends to not be friends in real life, even causing family to not like each other. Why? Mostly there are posts that spark controversy, especially politics. Most people tend to say things that they wouldn't normally. I've noticed a lot of people I know dont talk to each other in real lifse over FB posts.. its nuts, I left Fb after a year I had enough. It is good for musicians like myself for networking with people in the country music business, posting new songs ect... but I'd rather be on a forum like this which I have a lot of interest and learn a lot from people who knw what they are talking about with firearms..
    I know what you mean. My BIL is all over FB with political stuff and he is derfirending people and people are defriending him.....STUPID!
    Presidential election tests Facebook friendships - CNN.com
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I know what you mean. My BIL is all over FB with political stuff and he is derfirending people and people are defriending him.....STUPID!
    Presidential election tests Facebook friendships - CNN.com
    I let stupid people defriend me, I had one born again Christian I used to work with go insane on me and permanently block me on Facebook, all because I shot down his uneducated argument.

People can't take views that don't align with their own, and Facebook and Google have made it SO much worse. People literally only see things that back up what they believe, and they'll never view sources that say they're wrong.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I did, got nothing on me, but some guy in IN is tryijng to stretch his 15 minutes of internet fame into weeks.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links