Things I Hate About Grocery Shopping

This is a discussion on Things I Hate About Grocery Shopping within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is an awesome list! Awesome in the sense that it is unfortunately true and I too hate inconsiderate people....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Things I Hate About Grocery Shopping

This is an awesome list! Awesome in the sense that it is unfortunately true and I too hate inconsiderate people.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

(J.R.R.Tolkien [Faramir], The Two Towers

2. Remove Ads

Re: Things I Hate About Grocery Shopping

grocery shopping - God's way of teaching me patience.

sent from ...

VIP Member
    Yep have run into all of them at one time or another. You did forget one though, getting stuck in line behind someone who has overdosed on some perfume that should have been labeled as weapons grade.
    JDE101, ericb327, darbo and 1 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Huh, I kinda enjoy grocrey shopping. That means I'm picking up some of the stuff 'Daddy wants'..... and the kids know dad went shopping because "he gets the good stuff"!

That, and I'm the big goofey dude taking my time with a smile on my face...... the grumpy-guses around me get even grumper! Now, I don't hold up lines or whatever, I just made a choice a LONG time ago to not be mad, angry, impatient, and everything else negitive while doing a chore like grocery shopping. I try to keep up a good mood regardless.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Since I retired a few years before my wife was able to, I assumed grocery shopping duties to give her a bit of a break. I really don't mind grocery shopping, but I HATE, and have had everything in that list happen to me at one time or another! The fat slobs who park their carts in the middle of the isle and stand there with a vacant look on their faces while they look for something, totally blocking the isle, and the idiots who wait until everything is rung up before they even begin looking in their purse for their checkbooks, and the worst!

I try to go to the store in the middle of the week during the middle of the day. Seems to be the least busy time with the least number of slack jawed idiots!

BTW, that list is the same reason I HATE going to Wally World! It is even worse there! Seems like a whole lot more idiots with uncontrolled snot nosed rug rats frequent WW than the Krogers or Meijers grocery stores.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    My fav-- the person arguing over the price when it's $.10 difference. Here's a dime-- now feel free to fornicate yourself with an iron rod.

yes Yes YES, I can't stand that. I just think to myself that they value their time that little. one of these days when I have a quarter or something in my pocket (and the kids aren't with me). I'm so going to toss that quarter in front of them and say something like "there is the value of the coupon, are you done yet?"

I also hate the previously mentioned check writers that wait for a total before digging through a purse that rivals the size of the grand canyon.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

The cellphone talking dead, and texting zombies who don't look up, or to the side when crossing between the door and the parking lot. A piano could crash from the sky behind them and they wouldn't notice.

I bagged groceries as a teenager, when the job included taking them to the customer's car, I saw it all. Some funny, some bad, some sad.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Eric, I enjoy your prose, but aren't you being a little inconsiderate by being so upset with these inconsiderate people? Let's remember what Kipling said, "...if you can keep your head while all about you are losing theirs, and blaming you for it...". We've always had (and always gonna' have) the stupid, the self-involved, the thoughtless, the pompous, the pious & the waste of good air. It's just a whole lot easier on my nerves & disposition to concentrate my attention less on them & more on not being...ONE of them.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Eric, I enjoy your prose, but aren't you being a little inconsiderate by being so upset with these inconsiderate people? Let's remember what Kipling said, "...if you can keep your head while all about you are losing theirs, and blaming you for it...". We've always had (and always gonna' have) the stupid, the self-involved, the thoughtless, the pompous, the pious & the waste of good air. It's just a whole lot easier on my nerves & disposition to concentrate my attention less on them & more on not being...ONE of them.
    This the outlet for my frustration hoping people can laugh along with me at the things we all experience and can't fix.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Less frustration means less conflict. (*I was just reading your Sun Tzu quote & taking my Zen for a spin. )
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member
    Ya, I say take a deep breath, relax and find something to be positive about. Life is too short to get all worked up over every trip to the grocery store.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    BTW, that list is the same reason I HATE going to Wally World! It is even worse there! Seems like a whole lot more idiots with uncontrolled snot nosed rug rats frequent WW than the Krogers or Meijers grocery stores.
    I don't shop much at Wally world but when I do I try to get just a few things and then take them back to sporting goods and buy a box of ammo and pay for everything there, avoiding the front cashiers. It generally goes pretty quick.
    msgt/ret likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Yep have run into all of them at one time or another. You did forget one though, getting stuck in line behind someone who has overdosed on some perfume that should have been labeled as weapons grade.

^^^^^^^^
    Or the exact opposite;

Someone who you wish had even a small drop of that purfume on, weighing 358 lb., wearing spandex leotards, scratching their backside, inside the said leotards, sporting a fu-manchu mustache, and wearing cowboy boots, in the middle of summer.

Yeah, ain't grocery shoppin' fun!?

OTOH, seems like when I've gone lately in the last year or so, there seems to be an inordinate amount of good looking women there.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Ya, I say take a deep breath, relax and find something to be positive about. Life is too short to get all worked up over every trip to the grocery store.
    Oh brother, It's meant as a humorous post! I guess humor is lost here or I'm a terrible writer.
    goldshellback and darbo like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I work from home so I do the shopping and most of the cooking so I am in Kroger multiple times a week. It frequently tests my patience. Today I swear they were having a mobility scooter rodeo of some sort....
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links