I voted early today.

This is a discussion on I voted early today. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You all do not know the work and research I had to do to try to figure out how to post a thread . It ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: I voted early today.

You all do not know the work and research I had to do to try to figure out how to post a thread. It was a good learning experience, fun too! It's easy once you know how, and what buttons to push. LOL

2. Remove Ads

The wife and I will be voting early on Saturday. Not particularly excited about any of the choices.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    I'm sure you know this, but, if you don't vote for Romney, you're voting for Obama. Even if you vote for someone else, you're voting for Obama. Tell your friends. Anyone you know that doesn't want Obama back but might not be voting, tell them.

I voted last night and the place was pretty full.
    That's not true at all, and I wouldn't vote for Romney in 10 trillion years. He's worse than Obama as far as I'm concerned since I dealt with him as governor.

Further, electoral votes matter and my state is going for Obama anyway so it doesn't matter. I won't tell anyone anything.

We have had early voting in Cabell Co. WV for almost a week. I work in and out of the Courthouse so yes, voted early and brought my wife last Saturday to do same. It was packed in the Clerks office where they have the voting machines. They have also opened up a satellite early voting place at the Sheriff's Field Office in Ona, WV. So far over 5,200 early voters have cast their ballot. Due to this year's Presidential, State and Local races, we have a better than usual turnout. Early voting has been around for a few years here.

I will be woking the Election Poll's come 11/6/2012 and we will probably be slammed with voters.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    We cannot vote early without an excuse why you cannot vote on election day.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    We cannot vote early without an excuse why you cannot vote on election day.
    I think that could really hurt the voting process. Why we limit voting to just one "day" seems antiquated. Some people have trouble due to work schedules etc to even get there to vote. Looks like all political parties would encourage this to get people out to vote.

Really? Needing an "excuse" to vote? Sounds criminal to me.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

MJK
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Writing in Chuck Heston again this election. Voting for the lesser of two evils is, well, still voting for evil.
    When you are presented with choices in life you will rarely have perfect options. If you DO NOT value your right to keep and bear arms then do as you say. However if the second amendment is important to you please vote for Romney!
    RAL likes this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

I voted early, now I just have to find the local acorn office so they can teach me how to vote often.
    RAL, Jeanlouise and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    When you are presented with choices in life you will rarely have perfect options. If you DO NOT value your right to keep and bear arms then do as you say. However if the second amendment is important to you please vote for Romney!
    How does that make any sense when Romney has actually banned "assault weapons" in his term as governor?

It's NRA paranoia that Obama is going to take your guns away basically, Romney is just as bad if not worse.

So what gives?
    Hopyard likes this.

The only problem with voting early for the first time is that you wake up early the next morning, and out of habit, think you should turn on the news to find out the election results. LOL

JD
    Administrator

Re: I voted early today.

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links