My first conversation with my now father in law - Page 2

My first conversation with my now father in law

This is a discussion on My first conversation with my now father in law within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by pscipio03 Yes, but you would have told your daughter, "Not right for you, but, darn glad that guy is around. Don't want ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: My first conversation with my now father in law

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Yes, but you would have told your daughter, "Not right for you, but, darn glad that guy is around. Don't want you getting bit by any Zombies. Or Liberals. Both equally as deadly".
    One wants you to have no brains, the other want to eat your brains, not sure which is worse? I probably wouldn't mind you hanging out, but with a line like "where's my date?" the answer would be, not in this house, that's for sure.

At least the way I heard it, it sounded kind of snarky, overly confident, and dismissive of the questioning. If it was clearly in jest, we might continue the discussion.
    Walk softly ...

Soooo, my claim of being a zombie hunter isn't the sticking point. Tonality is. Very interesting...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    OP, some people here get sooooo hung on on trivial things. Just wait until the single daughter presents them with the little zombie. Then see who gets the last laugh.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Soooo, my claim of being a zombie hunter isn't the sticking point. Tonality is. Very interesting...
    Not interesting. Reality. Funny is funny. I would have laughed at the zombie hunter thing. However, a self entitled wise butt is a problem waiting to happen. I would have shown you the door as well and for the same reason.
    BigStick and dV8r like this.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Not interesting. Reality. Funny is funny. I would have laughed at the zombie hunter thing. However, a self entitled wise butt is a problem waiting to happen. I would have shown you the door as well and for the same reason.
    It's a matter of respect. A joke like that is not a respectful way of carrying on a first conversation with a GF's father.
    To be respected it is best to show respect, especially as a first impression.
    If the daughter has a good relationship with her father, like mine, it is important to have the father respect her BF.
    My daughters are all married with nice families and I still respect their husbands and they do me, they are treated as sons.
    atctimmy likes this.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

In the immortal words of SFC Hulka-- Lighten up, Francis. I'm a father of a beautiful daughter, too. I did not in reality tell him to go get my date.

VIP Member
    Any of you DCers touch me or my stuff and I'll kill ya. Any of you DCers call me Francis and I'll kill ya!

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Any of you DCers touch me or my stuff and I'll kill ya. Any of you DCers call me Francis and I'll kill ya!
    Lighten up, Francis.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

My son in law has aready thought up a "conversation" with future suiters for his daughter when she comes of age.

"You take care with my daughter. If you don't, I won't mind going to prison.....again." He learned from the best.

My husband told him before he married our daughter, "If you cause her any misery....I will take care of you....and I know where to hide the body. I owe her first husband a butt whipping....I will just give it all to you." The guy didn't know whether to laugh or not, but to this day, he still remembers it.

My son in law has never been in prison and my hubby doesn't have a hiding place for corpses (at least I don't think he does), but statements as strong as those live long in the memory.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links