Why, Why Can't I Get A job!

This is a discussion on Why, Why Can't I Get A job! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by GrandZJ Because I have a tattoo on the back of my neck, my lip pierced, and my septum pierced, should I also ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Why, Why Can't I Get A job!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandZJ View Post
    Because I have a tattoo on the back of my neck, my lip pierced, and my septum pierced, should I also have difficulty finding employment?
    I don't think you're as extreme as these two.. And it also depends on what type of job you're looking for and qualifications. I can tell you I wouldn't put you in front of my clients but I'd use you as a coder. Just depends.

2. Remove Ads

Because I have a tattoo on the back of my neck, my lip pierced, and my septum pierced, should I also have difficulty finding employment?
    Probably wont have a problem. But your options are certainly more limited. Is the neck tat a unicorn jumping over a rainbow, or satan biting a snakes head off. The devil is in the details

The guy with a padlock for an earing may have more doors closed in his face when he stops looking for jobs, and starts looking for careers.

VIP Member
    Possibly. As others have said, depends on what you're looking for. The military is out with the face piercings. Obviously those 2 clowns are extremes, you, I'm sure, will have more options.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

There are 2 villages missing their idiots..........
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Does it really matter what they look like?

Administrator
    That's my dentist.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    Depends on the type of job they are interviewing for. If the position is one that they would be dealing with customers, face to face, then yes it would. If it is a job where all inter-action is done by computer or over the phone, then no.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    In corporate America, yes. The business world is extremely conservative in appearance and attitude. Now if you apply at a tattoo and piercing parlor they'd probably put you in the front window as advertisement.

VIP Member
    Yes it does because it shows a gross lack of judgement. As long as they aren't looking for meaningful or public service employment I guess they can do whatever they want.

I love this picture because of the statement, "I blame corporate greed". How about personal responsibility and life choices?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Yes it does because it shows a gross lack of judgement. As long as they aren't looking for meaningful or public service employment I guess they can do whatever they want.

I love this picture because of the statement, "I blame corporate greed". How about personal responsibility and life choices?
    Come on JeanLouise, you know as well as I do there is no such thing as personal responsibility any more. It's always someone else fault. Parents, school, the government or just society, but never their fault.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post

We have no idea where they're even from, the second picture looks like someone from Africa. It doesn't really apply if they don't live here, and we have no idea if they do or not.

The "I blame corporate greed" is just tacked on obviously, so it's meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    In corporate America, yes. The business world is extremely conservative in appearance and attitude. Now if you apply at a tattoo and piercing parlor they'd probably put you in the front window as advertisement.
    Yes, but it's meaningless when discussing those pictures. We have no idea who or where they are, and what does it matter if they can't get jobs in the business world? It doesn't effect your life or mine one bit.

How about a job in a hardware store? They already have a face full of it.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

It would depend on the job duties. If you must interface directly with customers face to face the answer is yes, if you work remotely probably not.

My opinions,these are.

We have no idea where they're even from, the second picture looks like someone from Africa. It doesn't really apply if they don't live here, and we have no idea if they do or not.

The "I blame corporate greed" is just tacked on obviously, so it's meaningless.

Yes, but it's meaningless when discussing those pictures. We have no idea who or where they are, and what does it matter if they can't get jobs in the business world? It doesn't effect your life or mine one bit.
    If he lives in the bush of Africa, yeah, you're right. If he lives in a major city or in the rest of the world, it would matter greatly. It's thought that they are US based. It doesn't matter if they get business jobs since it would be highly unlikely. They can work in a shop or some other environment IF there hey had a skill or there was a job.

But for these two idiots... WHO CARES.

Thats funny. There are plenty of people in polos or business suits blaming the government as well...
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links