Why, Why Can't I Get A job! - Page 5

Why, Why Can't I Get A job!

This is a discussion on Why, Why Can't I Get A job! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by pgrass101 I don't thin that the OP was meaning to start this crap storm, I do believe that she just posted something ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Why, Why Can't I Get A job!

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I don't thin that the OP was meaning to start this crap storm, I do believe that she just posted something she found humorous. It's us internet yahoos that took it and ran with it.
    Shutting up now pgrass
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

It is interesting how the same "old school mentality" that taught us things like "Dont judge a book by a cover" is quick to judge a human by his/her appearance.
    I'll cop to a bit of "old school mentality" for sure.

If you show up for a job interview wearing so much hardware stuck in you and so much ink all over you that you look freaky I will probably take you at face value. I may not have anything against you but the job will go to an applicant who hasn't defaced himself.

You see the freedom swings both ways. You have the freedom to stick metal in your lips and your nose and I have the freedom to hire someone else.
    atctimmy and JoJoGunn like this.

Distinguished Member
    Now if only more people would do that, it might leave more openings for the rest of us. LOL Then again, it might just redefine normal and that is a scary prospect.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I go away for the day and look what happens!

Number one...to who ever asked if I feel better now that I made fun of these two, the answer is yes, yes I do.

Number two...the point to the pictures is to illustrate how ridiculous it is to blame others (in this case big business) when you, in fact, are the reason you can't find a job because YOU have made yourself unmarketable.

Number three...the two in the pictures are obviously over the top with their piercings and tattoos. I can guarantee you they have severe emotional problems because of what they've done to themselves. This kind of body altering falls into "body mulitation". That is a mental disorder.

Number four...when people who do these things are discriminated against it's their fault. When someone shows up at a job looking like that it's hardly the same as a minority showing up and being discriminated against.

Number five...for you young whippersnappers (love that word)...I was a teen in the 60's and believe me, there's not one thing your generation has done that we didn't do first, and probably better.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    II was a teen in the 60's and believe me, there's not one thing your generation has done that we didn't do first, and probably better.
    If you remember the 60s you weren't.....................................
    Piratesailor and JoJoGunn like this.

Why, Why Can't I Get A job!

The guy with the purple hair is in a rock band and makes millions and the other guy is in the guiness book of world records in which he has netted over 5 million in $$. I remember watching the pierced guy on tv a few years ago adding more hardware and ink to make the record even more unachieveavle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    If you remember the 60s you weren't.....................................
    ........weren't what?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiphted View Post
    The guy with the purple hair is in a rock band and makes millions and the other guy is in the guiness book of world records in which he has netted over 5 million in $$. I remember watching the pierced guy on tv a few years ago adding more hardware and ink to make the record even more unachieveavle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Capitalism is alive and well! YAY!
    Rock and Glock likes this.

........weren't what?
    What 60's.. Heck the 70's were a blur too.. Lol
    Rock and Glock likes this.

People do these things because they like them and to make statements. Statements about the art they like, the people or things they care about, their beliefs, etc. It's their free choice to do so.

A business owner has the right to say no to hire them as well.

What I find interesting is that a lot of people who get a lot of tattoos or piercings, to make whatever statements they wish by the act, feel so discriminated against when others don't like it. It was your choice to do such and that's cool, but it also cool for others to disagree with your statements or the way you choose to display them.
    atctimmy likes this.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

........weren't what?
    It has been said that "If you remember the 60s you weren't there".
    Certainly doesn't apply to me of course.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandZJ View Post
    Because I have a tattoo on the back of my neck, my lip pierced, and my septum pierced, should I also have difficulty finding employment?
    "Should" is not the question, "Will" is the question.
    Piratesailor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    Does it really matter what they look like?
    Yes, when I nearly vomit at someone's appearance, it matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by brocktice View Post
    To me this is a mean-spirited and closed-minded photo and thread. Do you who have made jabs at the people in the pictures feel better about yourselves now?

These guys have made choices that some of us would not, sure. How do you know what they plan to do with their lives? Maybe they are their own bosses and job creators. Maybe they work in places that cater to body modders. Maybe for whatever reason, their appearance is more important to them than working the counter at a business or in a cubicle in the corporate world. You can't know from these pictures and the tacked-on tagline.

I expect better from this forum.
    Mean spirited and close minded has NOTHING to do with someone whose appearance is disgusting. They have the freedom to do this to themselves, I have the freedom to find it disgusting. Don't put the results of their choices on me, and don't forget that they look like that because of THEIR choices.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: Why, Why Can't I Get A job!

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    Mean spirited and close minded has NOTHING to do with someone whose appearance is disgusting. They have the freedom to do this to themselves, I have the freedom to find it disgusting. Don't put the results of their choices on me, and don't forget that they look like that because of THEIR choices.
    They look strange, no argument there. If you get your kicks as a grown adult putting others down, however, I'd say you have bigger problems than these guys.
    Doodle likes this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links