Why, Why Can't I Get A job!

This is a discussion on Why, Why Can't I Get A job! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by wmhawth It has been said that "If you remember the 60s you weren't there". Certainly doesn't apply to me of course. LOL. ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Why, Why Can't I Get A job!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    It has been said that "If you remember the 60s you weren't there".
    Certainly doesn't apply to me of course.
    LOL. Well, I remember a lot of it but that doesn't mean I'll admit to it.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktice View Post
    They look strange, no argument there. If you get your kicks as a grown adult putting others down, however, I'd say you have bigger problems than these guys.
    They look strange because they are strange. But, isn't that the whole point? They are attention seekers and do this so that other people will give them attention. Like some two year olds (and evidently some adults) negative attention is better than no attention. However, I don't dislike them, I just think they are funny...like a Pufferfish.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    Yes, when I nearly vomit at someone's appearance, it matters to me.
    We've moved on from just the original pictures, so you know. You don't exactly have the right to not be offended you know.

Americans in general care way, way too much about appearances. It's rather annoying, I mean kids in grade school get picked on for not wearing certain brands and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    We've moved on from just the original pictures, so you know. You don't exactly have the right to not be offended you know.

Americans in general care way, way too much about appearances. It's rather annoying, I mean kids in grade school get picked on for not wearing certain brands and stuff.
    He doesn't have the right to not be offended? Explain that one. He has the right to be anything he pleases.

If you feel that way about Americans, please feel free to move to Europe or elsewhere. I'm glad we care about our appearance, that we look good and respectful. Kids have been picked on at schools for centuries and that is part of growing up. No matter what we do it will not change. it happens in the US and world wide. As an adult you'll get picked on in other ways too. You learn to develop a thick skin and deal with it.

Btw Johnson, it is still about the pictures. You and your friends have turned it into a conversation about you and your issues. You seem to have the issues, not us.

Curious, you're in Mass. What guns do you have? I know that state is pretty strict. Pity they limit what you can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Btw Johnson, it is still about the pictures. You and your friends have turned it into a conversation about you and your issues. You seem to have the issues, not us.

Curious, you're in Mass. What guns do you have? I know that state is pretty strict. Pity they limit what you can buy.
    I don't know who "my friends" are. We're speaking in general about anyone with face piercings and visible tattoos, hell those people in the original probably aren't even US citizens.

MA is a pain, it requires special tests that destroy manufacturers guns so we can't get anything that isn't tested. The caveat to this is I can buy anything legal in a private sale, even if it's not approved by the state.

I live about 20 minutes from a state with 0 gun laws.

My brother lives in MA.. Took him awhile to get the permits just to own a gun. He likes sigs and glocks but I don't think he can even buy a glock. Oh for the want of just a few miles north.. And that freedom.

Senior Moderator
    And that's enough of that
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links