Police officer tazes 10-year-old for refusing to wash his car

This is a discussion on Police officer tazes 10-year-old for refusing to wash his car within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by From the article During the presentation, Webb apparently asked a group of students if they wanted to wash his patrol car, the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Police officer tazes 10-year-old for refusing to wash his car

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    During the presentation, Webb apparently asked a group of students if they wanted to wash his patrol car, the lawsuit states. When the boy, identified as R.D. jokingly refused, Webb pointed the stun gun at him and said, "Let me show you what happens to people who do not listen to the police."
    Hm. He's got a hateful conception of the role of law enforcement, if he truly said that. Though, hard to know what's what with news stories.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Maybe the kid deserved it.
    I see a "Family Guy" episode in there somewhere.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Hurray for unions. Employers can't fire anyone for almost anything once they belong. Next time with this moron, it could be a gun.
    suntzu and Ksgunner like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Hurray for unions. Employers can't fire anyone for almost anything once they belong. Next time with this moron, it could be a gun.
    Hooray for the military industrial complex turning police departments into para military outfits with APCs, LRAD cannons, tasers and everything they can.
    mkh and Pinlifter like this.

I am not going to touch the union issue but if I do not see how someone can not be fired for this. Don't anybody give me any baloney about "more training" should fix the problem. That is an excuse to keep folks on the payroll. The officer was trained as a LEO, trained to carry a tazor, and blatantly disregarded his obligation to care fo the people of his city.

If he needs more training or a supsension so he can learn the rror of his ways I submit that he is too stupid to wear a badge (and that would include a CC badge!)
    JayTee and mkh like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Having been a union rep in a police department I could tell some stories that would make your head explode.

But really, tasing the kid? What ever happened to pepper spray?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    Hooray for the military industrial complex turning police departments into para military outfits with APCs, LRAD cannons, tasers and everything they can.
    Hooray for the Police Benevolent Association, Fraternal Order of Police and other unions that fought to get all these tools to enhance the safety of their members and their community!
    But it is nice to see that some folks are still nostalgic for the days of Bull Connor and the hats and bats and dogs and fire hoses. Those simpler days when if some nut job went to the top of a tower the police didn't have the means to safely evacuate his kill zone. Yeah, you just had to wait and hope none of his rounds found you. Back when the police had to have local radio stations ask for people with rifles to help them because they didn't have weapons that could reach the gunman. Ahh yes, the good old days of National Guard troops on campus......

Yeah, who needs that technology stuff anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    But really, tasing the kid? What ever happened to pepper spray?
    A sense of proportion could have been an equally suitable "weapon." Those have definitely gone out of fashion.

Hard to believe a threat of force would be employed against one child in a group of children who (if as claimed) one person merely disliked the idea of washing a car and voiced that dislike, no matter who it was or the level of force employed.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    I"m not really clear on how tasers function. When the taser is fired the probes are propelled into the "victim". Does the shock begin at once or is there another step to actually start the shock? Can it be started and stopped by the officer?

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    A sense of proportion could have been an equally suitable "weapon." Those have definitely gone out of fashion.

Hard to believe a threat of force would be employed against one child in a group of children who (if as claimed) one person merely disliked the idea of washing a car and voiced that dislike, no matter who it was or the level of force employed.
    Don't get me wrong the officer is a complete tool here. Not only is there no justification for what he did, but he was fiscally irresponsible as well. I think replacement packs for tasers are like $26. You can pepper spray like five bus loads of kindergartners for that price.

Not only is there no justification for what he did, but he was fiscally irresponsible as well. I think replacement packs for tasers are like $26. You can pepper spray like five bus loads of kindergartners for that price.

NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Dont they teach them to keep the booger hook off the bang switch until ready to fire. Some just need alot more training. Stay safe and dont taze me bro.

Hooray for the Police Benevolent Association, Fraternal Order of Police and other unions that fought to get all these tools to enhance the safety of their members and their community!
    But it is nice to see that some folks are still nostalgic for the days of Bull Connor and the hats and bats and dogs and fire hoses. Those simpler days when if some nut job went to the top of a tower the police didn't have the means to safely evacuate his kill zone. Yeah, you just had to wait and hope none of his rounds found you. Back when the police had to have local radio stations ask for people with rifles to help them because they didn't have weapons that could reach the gunman. Ahh yes, the good old days of National Guard troops on campus......

Yeah, who needs that technology stuff anyway?
    Reductio ad absurdum is cute.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Sorry but I have grandkids that I want to "Taze" and/or neuter! Everytime I drive by a High Schoool, half of the kids need electric shock just to get them out of their zombie state!

Sorry for the kid, but it a little karma for something in the past! I know he is someone angel!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Would that be considered potentially great bodily injury? I think I would be hard pressed not to act to protect my child if it was done to them.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links