Police officer tazes 10-year-old for refusing to wash his car

This is a discussion on Police officer tazes 10-year-old for refusing to wash his car within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I had a similar, lighthearted experience with a cop who was married to a teacher of mine. Except, he didn't point a weapon at me. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Police officer tazes 10-year-old for refusing to wash his car

I had a similar, lighthearted experience with a cop who was married to a teacher of mine. Except, he didn't point a weapon at me. He pulled out his handcuffs and motioned towards my wrists jokingly. THAT was funny. This guy should be fired, what an idiot.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

Flat out sick and reprehensible. Should be fired for merely pointing the taser at the child. This dangerous and irresponsible behavior should not be tolerated at all with those hired to serve under the badge.
    FLArmadillo and mkh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FLArmadillo View Post
    I had a similar, lighthearted experience with a cop who was married to a teacher of mine. Except, he didn't point a weapon at me. He pulled out his handcuffs and motioned towards my wrists jokingly. THAT was funny. This guy should be fired, what an idiot.
    I had a part time cop handcuff me and slam me to the ground, and he's lucky I didn't get his ass fired. His entire law enforcement career would've been DOA as it was on camera and 100% unprovoked.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    I had a part time cop handcuff me and slam me to the ground, and he's lucky I didn't get his ass fired. His entire law enforcement career would've been DOA as it was on camera and 100% unprovoked.
    Most professions that do stupid things like that, are pursued by the victim until they lose their career. Cops unfortunately (among many others), seem to have a certain unwarranted immunity from the consequences of all but the most blatant, heinous acts.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

I wouldn't be disappointed if Junior has his college education paid for as a result of this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLArmadillo View Post
    Most professions that do stupid things like that, are pursued by the victim until they lose their career. Cops unfortunately (among many others), seem to have a certain unwarranted immunity from the consequences of all but the most blatant, heinous acts.
    That's the reason people fail to understand when they get upset about "cop bashing", the blue code of silence keeps many of them safe and free from prosecution. It took 3 racially motivated attacks for an officer in my state to finally be given the boot, and only because civilian recorded him viciously beating a black guy.

In my hometown there was an officer who was a known coke fiend, and he was given dozens of passes. They only fired him when he finally ran someone over.

That's the part I can't stand, and it's not even the unions, it's what they do automatically.

And lest anyone misinterpret such comments about this type of behavior: it's not about "cop" bashing; it's about identifying reprehensible individual behavior for what it is, and calling it such.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Nah....
    two wrong tases dont make it right...
    Two lefts make a U-Turn....
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    I think this guy should lose his job. It shows gross lack of judgement and that isn't really something you can go to a class and learn.
    Can you imagine him in a situation that called for a cool head and going off like this? He could get another officer killed.
    He's a big liability to the department, not to mention to his co-workers.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

mkh
    Pointed the taser at the kid?

I guess the 4 rules of safe gun handling don't apply to tasers.

Police officer tazes 10-year-old for refusing to wash his car

I'm sorry but that officer needs to be fired. It shows a lack of maturity and poor decision making skills. He should not be allowed to possess a weapon of any kind. Everyone makes a dumb mistake at least once, but his was pretty dumb. His 2nd chance is that he's lucky he doesn't get jail time.

- Todd
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you imagine the mountain of criminal negligence and child endangerment charges you'd be facing right now had it been you that tased this child? Instead, because he's a cop, he gets off with a mere 3 day suspension from work. Deplorable.

I have always and will continue to support law enforcement, but with this consistent and blatant double standard and special treatment for cops, making them almost unaccountable and immune from their heinous acts, it is easy to understand this growing trend of disdain and contempt for law enforcement these days.
    blitzburgh likes this.

The reality here is that he most likely will not be fired. Most collective bargaining agreements for government workers (cops) require progressive discipline unless the offender is convicted of a felony. Look at that guy in Florida from the other thread. Each new and different stupid act starts the whole process again. You want to move it up the scale you have to catch him doing something he has already had remedial training for. And this is not just cops, it is road crews, finance, HR, schools.

Once any government worker is given permanent status and is covered by a collective bargaining agreement they just about have to negligently kill someone while on the clock to just flat out get fired. And sometimes that isn't even enough.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Two lefts make a U-Turn....
    Dang it-- you got to it before I could.
    But, three rights make a left!

VIP Member
    Well all I know is if the kid now suffers from PTSD from just one taser shot, he better not choose the military as a career.
    OldVet likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links