"The good ole boy network" AKA the real world.

This is a discussion on "The good ole boy network" AKA the real world. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by atctimmy There is a reason some folks will never make a good wage. That reason is usually their mouth or their attitude. ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: "The good ole boy network" AKA the real world.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    There is a reason some folks will never make a good wage. That reason is usually their mouth or their attitude.
    Absolutely true. My son who is now 30, has bounced from job to job since high school. The boss was always stupid, they did not know how to do things, etc. Finally last year he landed a decent job in a factory, steady work with benefits and decent pay. He calls me at the end of his first week and says "some of these guys are not that bright and I don't agree with the away they do things, but I am just keepin' my mouth shut and doing my job". I think he finally gets it!
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Every person I know who is over the age of 30 and still in minium wage jobs thinks their boss is stupid.

Well, he may be stupid but he's your boss. Maybe if all these "smart guys" get a little "stupid", they'll be running the show some day.

All honest work has value. If you're the dishwasher, be the best darn dishwasher in the world. People will notice and you won't have to be the dishwasher for long. Attitude and hard work are 99% of success.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Every person I know who is over the age of 30 and still in minium wage jobs thinks their boss is stupid.

Well, he may be stupid but he's your boss. Maybe if all these "smart guys" get a little "stupid", they'll be running the show some day.

All honest work has value. If you're the dishwasher, be the best darn dishwasher in the world. People will notice and you won't have to be the dishwasher for long. Attitude and hard work are 99% of success.
    We've moved past the "Do the best job" part a long time ago, I don't understand why it keeps being repeated.

I know people that make far more than minimum wage, including myself, who hate their bosses. Anecdotal story cancellation!

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    There is a reason some folks will never make a good wage. That reason is usually their mouth or their attitude.
    You're obviously talking about me, but you don't get it. You really don't. For one, I make decent money so you're not talking about me at all. For two, I do my job just fine. For three, I'm stating my opinion on a MESSAGING BOARD THAT HAS NO BEARING ON THE REAL WORLD!

But no, keep rambling on like you know everything. It's helpful!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    You're obviously talking about me, but you don't get it. You really don't. For one, I make decent money so you're not talking about me at all. For two, I do my job just fine. For three, I'm stating my opinion on a MESSAGING BOARD THAT HAS NO BEARING ON THE REAL WORLD!

You have a nice day Sir. Good luck to you in your endeavors.

We'll bear that burden.
    Hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Hear that?
    Hmm?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post

I can say with certainty, I do check the web and social sites before interviewing candidates. I too can find someone I know, or who knows of you when you apply for a job. I'll ask the same question of them as I do of their bosses and hr; would you hire Joe again? A short one word answer speaks volumes.

How well you think you do your job is irrelevant. How well your boss and his boss say you do your job is relevant. That is what matters.

Guys (and ladies)... Best to move on you can't fix stupid or someone that doesn't listen.

CJ, good luck to you in life and career.

Back to a more interesting topic of gun, SD and concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Guys (and ladies)... Best to move on you can't fix stupid or someone that doesn't listen.

CJ, good luck to you in life and career.

Back to a more interesting topic of gun, SD and concealment.
    Calling me stupid huh? It's not my fault ya'll aren't understanding the point I'm making and totally misinterpreting it.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    I can say with certainty, I do check the web and social sites before interviewing candidates. I too can find someone I know, or who knows of you when you apply for a job. I'll ask the same question of them as I do of their bosses and hr; would you hire Joe again? A short one word answer speaks volumes.

How well you think you do your job is irrelevant. How well your boss and his boss say you do your job is relevant. That is what matters.
    We've been over this, I know. You can check the web, this website doesn't matter because my real name is not connected to it and has no bearing on what we're discussing. When it comes to Facebook, your profile, as mine is, can be easily hidden from view. As for asking people about hiring, that's a no brainer. We're all aware of that.

"How well I do my job" was a response to someone saying "Do your job well" if you had bothered to read it.

Someone definitely has a chip on their shoulder. Hmmmm.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Someone definitely has a chip on their shoulder. Hmmmm.
    Just fed up with repeating myself as it happens all the time online.

Hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Hear that?
    What point are you trying to make by repeating "hear that?" exactly?

Just making observation. If you know it happens, why get fed up? Just from some of your posts in this thread, , I put your age as 24-27, working in field tied in some way to LE, maybe a dispatcher, EMT, medic? I also see why you have had lots of jobs. Unless you are your own boss, you will have horrible bosses at some point in your work life.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Just making observation. If you know it happens, why get fed up? Just from some of your posts in this thread, , I put your age as 24-27, working in field tied in some way to LE, maybe a dispatcher, EMT, medic? I also see why you have had lots of jobs. Unless you are your own boss, you will have horrible bosses at some point in your work life.
    Closer on the age, and have been a dispatcher before yes. Too many idiotic retail jobs, and jobs with customer service and do to my hatred of people, it's never going to be a very fulfilling job. Chances are I'll being doing the same crap forever though.

I haven't had "many" jobs. I"ve had 3 in 7 years, and only because the economy crashed and burned and I was laid off and worked a temp job until my current job.

Moving on, enough about me. I was simply trying to explain how the world works from everything I've experienced and I never went against the OP's assertion, yet people keep saying I have. So I'm lost frankly.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links