"The good ole boy network" AKA the real world.

This is a discussion on "The good ole boy network" AKA the real world. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Why is this ridiculous thread still going? You people are beating a dead horse!!!...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: "The good ole boy network" AKA the real world.

Why is this ridiculous thread still going? You people are beating a dead horse!!!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    This thread started off as off-topic and has turned into humor.
    atctimmy and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    This thread started off as off-topic and has turned into humor.
    Ha! That is funny......and sad.
    lchamp and Jeanlouise like this.

Very sad, much like a broken record.

timmy: "Point"

me: "agreed"

random person: "omg stop disagreeing and listen!"

Pretty crazy sounding, ain't it?

VIP Member
    R&G, if you would please put this one down. Sometimes, like a sick horse, a thread need euthanized. Thanks.

From how people have misunderstood my posts, I'm convinced this thread slipped into an alternate dimension where meanings of words differ.

There is only one thing we each can control all of our lives. Our thoughts. How we think. It is your decision, no one elses. You control them.

You want to open a gun store. Are you going to finance 100% of it yourself? Will you need the help of an attorney? A CPA? A Banker? What about your customers? They will all be affected by your attitude and your demeanor.............you'll want some return business, so remember that................they get to vote on you................you do not get to vote on them..........until you are really successful............

What about taxing authorities? How will you treat them.............how will they react to you and your attitude? They can be helpful and make it easy...........or they can make it hard...........

Remember...........you control your thoughts..........you make a decision everyday when you get up..............

Hear that?

That is the sound of the world's smallest violin playing "My Heart Bleeds for You"...............

It is the sound of silence as you listen..............

It is the sound of you thinking about what others are trying to say................

I could add some more...................

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    There is only one thing we each can control all of our lives. Our thoughts. How we think. It is your decision, no one elses. You control them.

You want to open a gun store. Are you going to finance 100% of it yourself? Will you need the help of an attorney? A CPA? A Banker? What about your customers? They will all be affected by your attitude and your demeanor.............you'll want some return business, so remember that................they get to vote on you................you do not get to vote on them..........until you are really successful............

What about taxing authorities? How will you treat them.............how will they react to you and your attitude? They can be halpful and make it easy...........or they can make it hard...........

Remember...........you control your thoughts..........you make a decision everyday when you get up..............

Hear that?
    Absotootley!

Not trying to be contrary for the sake of argument, but it must be nice being able to control your thoughts. I sure can't control mine. My mind thinks what it wants despite my best efforts, but mind you, I stopped trying to get the better of it about 50 years ago when I first realized it was a losing battle. But there IS one thing we CAN control, and MUST control, and that's our actions. And fortunately, they're the only thing we can be held accountable for.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    Not trying to be contrary for the sake of argument, but it must be nice being able to control your thoughts. I sure can't control mine. My mind thinks what it wants despite my best efforts, but mind you, I stopped trying to get the better of it about 50 years ago when I first realized it was a losing battle. But there IS one thing we CAN control, and MUST control, and that's our actions. And fortunately, they're the only thing we can be held accountable for.
    A lot of people can't sadly, whether from mental illness or what have you.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    In my defense, my boss's wife is really hot and I was really drunk.
    If you're batting .600 on the company softball team, no one really cares!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    A lot of people can't sadly, whether from mental illness or what have you.
    We ALL do things we regret. Having trouble controlling one's actions is hardly limited to the mentally ill or what have you. My goal is to control my actions just enough to stay under the radar.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    R&G, if you would please put this one down. Sometimes, like a sick horse, a thread need euthanized. Thanks.
    This thread is dead per OP's request
    Rock and Glock and atctimmy like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links