Will it fit,I measured it it'll fit

This is a discussion on Will it fit,I measured it it'll fit within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just another awesome video about the 11' 8" bridge that peels the tops off trucks - Boing Boing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Will it fit,I measured it it'll fit

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    There's rail bridge in Spokane, WA that does this frequently also. That bridge is undefeated also.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

HAHAhahahahahaha........ THAT was the funniest thing I've seen today
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I heard a story (I was told it was a true story, but I have no proof) about a truck driver that did this very thing. The truck was hopelessly stuck under the bridge and one of those big tow trucks had to be called to get it out. When the tow truck driver pulled up to driver of the stuck truck, he smirked a superior-sort-of smirk and said "Get stuck?" to which the truck driver replied (with more colorful language than I can use here) "No, wise guy, I was hauling this bridge and ran out of gas."
    thephanatik and sdprof like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    That just makes the Equipment Manager in me cringe. Believe me when I say that no commercial driver wants to have THAT conversation with his boss.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

We've got one a couple towns over that's done that a time or two.

mkh
    That is one well built bridge to withstand all that abuse.

New Member Array Phantom_SixZero's Avatar
    LOL nice

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Women drivers.........
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Distinguished Member
    The good thing is there are most likely no repeat offenders.

You'd be surprised at the many bridges marked 13foot 8 inches, which would allow a normal semi to pass under. But then the city fathers have paved the streets several times, raising the road bed up a foot or so, and haven't bothered changing the signs.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    That just makes the Equipment Manager in me cringe. Believe me when I say that no commercial driver wants to have THAT conversation with his FORMER boss.
    Fixed that for you, from a truck driver.

Luckily I managed to dodge that bridge while delivering in downtown Durham. Although I did get run all over by another truck in Chapel Hill. The metal beam installed in front of the bridge is what the trucks actually hit. Nice touch there.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    You'd be surprised at the many bridges marked 13foot 8 inches, which would allow a normal semi to pass under. But then the city fathers have paved the streets several times, raising the road bed up a foot or so, and haven't bothered changing the signs.
    If thats true,and the clearance measured less than stated I would think somebody would be getting sued
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

There's a railroad bridge, that is well above the roadway, but they still dug it out under the bridge..... so you go down, under the bridge, and then back up. When it rains badly , that low area will fill up with water....... and for some really stupid reason, people always seem to want to test their luck, and find out how deep it really is. About all you'll see (unless it's a van or tall truck) .... is the roof top of the car under the water.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

We have a bridge near my hometown that the Coke truck smashed into. When asked, the driver admitted he didn't have the clearance listed on the sign, but that he'd gone under that bridge before with no problems. Of course, one must take into consideration that a fully-laden Coke truck sits lower than an empty one.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links