Voted, did you?

This is a discussion on Voted, did you? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I did. Voted last Friday after work....

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Voted, did you?

I did. Voted last Friday after work.
    QKShooter likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Here in WA State,, unless you are homeless, we all vote by mail in ballot. Did ours about 3 weeks ago and immediately, all the phone calls stopped verifying our ballots got to the counters... We did get a call from Josh R asking for more $ last week. We maxed the individual donation after that call.

We are heading to the movies (VIP over 21 only) for Argos and served drinks and food at our seats. Don't need to hear all the pot heads talking the talk all day... Hope to see everyone on the flip side tomorrow...

BTW, my buddy in FL has loaded all his weapons because of the threats his neighborhood received based on who may have won...
    QKShooter likes this.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
    Here in WA State,, unless you are homeless, we all vote by mail in ballot. Did ours about 3 weeks ago and immediately, all the phone calls stopped verifying our ballots got to the counters... We did get a call from Josh R asking for more $ last week. We maxed the individual donation after that call.

We are heading to the movies (VIP over 21 only) for Argos and served drinks and food at our seats. Don't need to hear all the pot heads talking the talk all day... Hope to see everyone on the flip side tomorrow...

BTW, my buddy in FL has loaded all his weapons because of the threats his neighborhood received based on who may have won
    How and why was his neighborhood threatened?

Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
    BTW, my buddy in FL has loaded all his weapons because of the threats his neighborhood received based on who may have won...
    Really? Where abouts is your buddy in FL? I imagine that there could be issues in some of the big cities. Those with, um, er a large welfare population but, I don't see it being very widespread. I've got mine loaded just in case, though
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."

- Dave Gell

I will be voting with my wife after she gets out of work this afternoon.
    QKShooter likes this.

MJK
    I voted at 0600 for candidates who are unabashed supporters of the Second Amendment!
    QKShooter likes this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    I voted at 0600 for candidates who are unabashed supporters of the Second Amendment!
    So you voted for an independent presidential candidate?

i did this morning. my polling place wasn't posted. bonus.

not saying who i voted for but i didn't vote democrat or republican...
    CaveJohnson and QKShooter like this.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    So you voted for an independent presidential candidate?
    Yeah he pretty much had to (that point made people on here get mad at me) because D nor R really do.

Just voted. I cant remember ever being this depressed while voting. I can usually vote FOR someobody, not simply against the other.
    QKShooter, pfries and l1a1 like this.

I voted an hour ago and all the lines were gone. There was NO one waiting in a line. (At 7 am there was an hour wait) Walked in and walked out in less than 10 minutes. Easy breezy.
    QKShooter and wraithls1 like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Yep. Stood in line for 30 minutes before they opened, and another 10-15 to get inside and get it done. Here's hoping for some change!!

Yes, I voted! Have not missed ANY election since 1968 when I turned 21 and was eligible to vote!
    QKShooter and wraithls1 like this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Voted about an hour ago and my wife is heading out the door to go vote now.
    QKShooter likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    Yes, I voted! Have not missed ANY election since 1968 when I turned 21 and was eligible to vote!
    Same here, my son who is 9 has been to every election since he was born, his first was at 3 months, carried him in while he was relaxing in his carrier. Election before last they tried to stop him from coming behind the machine with me, we got that straightened out with the local voter's office. Next election, there was tons of "your rights as a voter" pamphlets all over the place and no none said anything when he walked around the machine with me to watch one of the most powerful things an American can do.
    Last edited by 4my sons; November 6th, 2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: spelling, doggghhhhhhhhh.
    QKShooter, JDE101, Ally and 2 others like this.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links