atctimmy's NON POLITICAL predictions..... - Page 2

atctimmy's NON POLITICAL predictions.....

This is a discussion on atctimmy's NON POLITICAL predictions..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by atctimmy Where have you been the last four years? We are talking about panic buying in this thread, not federal laws. OK, ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: atctimmy's NON POLITICAL predictions.....

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Where have you been the last four years?

We are talking about panic buying in this thread, not federal laws.
    OK, I'll bite. So what's causing said panic buying?
    suntzu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    Ignorance and fear. Period.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Ignorance and fear.

ETA: Ha you beat me to it.
    FLArmadillo likes this.

Ignorance and fear create...insecurity. A mentality that say's "I'd better get mine now before it's all gone".

I remember the gas crisis back in the 70's where people with more than half a tank were sitting in line to make sure they got enough. These are the insecure people that create the shortage. The problem is these people don't know when they have enough. For many people there is never enough.

Never enough gas
    food
    guns
    Ammo
    money

The list goes on...
    Jeanlouise and CaveJohnson like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Ignorance and fear create...insecurity. A mentality that say's "I'd better get mine now before it's all gone".

I remember the gas crisis back in the 70's where people with more than half a tank were sitting in line to make sure they got enough. These are the insecure people that create the shortage. The problem is these people don't know when they have enough. For many people there is never enough.

Never enough gas
    food
    guns
    Ammo
    money

The list goes on...
    Pizza, don't forget pizza!
    darkstar11 likes this.

Pizza definitely. And a reliable woman.
    atctimmy likes this.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLArmadillo View Post
    Pizza definitely. And a reliable woman.
    But the list was about having as much as possible of certain items. So it would have to be reliable womEN.

Speaking of that: Q: Do you know what the punishment is in Saudi Arabia for having more than one wife?

Answer: You have more than one wife.

VIP Member
    OK, so ignorance of Obama's intentions and fear of federal law being changed in an anti-2A way. And to answer your question about the last four years, I've been sitting here watching one dire right-wing prediction after another go down like a tin soldier. Looks like I'll be doing the same for the next four years, judging from the numerous "ammo shortage" threads right here at DC. Thanks for asking.
    OK friend. I'll put money on my predictions. Let's make a wager shall we? By putting our money where our mouth is it carries more weight. I'm not rich nor a gambling man so, just for the principle of the thing, how about one brand spanking new US Dollar? We check back in 6 months and we pay up one way or the other?

So just to clarify my position: I predict all "tactical" style rifles will go way up in price and there will be a panic run on ammo. Clear?

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    But the list was about having as much as possible of certain items. So it would have to be reliable womEN.
    Well obviously, that wouldn't do. One wife is supply enough.

UN Arms Trade Treaty will not limit Second Amendment rights as the NRA claims - Charlotte Society & Culture | Examiner.com

"Quite plain and simple, the U.N. has no intention whatsoever to limit Second Amendment rights afforded to Americans by the United States Constitution. Furthermore, if the U.N. attempts in any way to limit Second Amendment rights or for that matter, if the U.N. oversteps the sovereignty of any state, the United States will immediately cease its support for the ATT. For the NRA to promote the claim that the ATT will limit Second Amendment rights is not only misleading and irresponsible, it also serves against the protection of human rights."

Things like this are why I don't support the NRA. They lie to get people riled up.
    Alex_C likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    Things like this are why I don't support the NRA. They lie to get people riled up.
    I thought they lied to get people's money?

VIP Member
    I started this thread in jest (satire I guess) to make fun of what's about to happen because, as I've said in other posts, I'm stocked up. In fact, most of us here are probably well supplied.

But since you asked the question:

What WILL CAUSE THE SHORTAGE! Fear and ignorance? Of what?
    OK I'll really lay it out for you.....MANY formerly anti or middle ground folks are in fear of and ignorant about what happens next.

I'm not talking about gun bans or new laws. I'm talking about the United States in general. With debt mounting and the economy on the rocks there is real fear. Fear about what happens next. There are tough times ahead in the US, of this there can be no doubt. How bad will it get? Nobody knows how bad and that is where the fear and ignorance come in.

There are fears about increased crime and lawlessness due to increased unemployment.

There are fears about the National Debt.

There are (well founded) fears of the dollar losing it's place as the world's currency and all of our money suddenly losing 9 to 25% of it's value overnight.

There are fears of a total economic meltdown, mass inflation, hysteria and rioting similar to Argentina a decade ago. In fact, our financial numbers are worse than Argentina and well past the historical tipping point.

Because of all of the above mentioned fears in the US I believe that many former NON gun owners will be flocking to the firearms market, probably en mass. The 2008 election was a catalyst for a massive run on arms (for entirely different reasons). I believe this election will have similar results.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    I thought they lied to get people's money?
    Well, yes. I guess that's the third step.

I like non political gun organizations. I mean non political as in, only takes the side of gun rights and nothing else. Wayne LaPierre went off the deep end a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Just saying that this is being brought up in all of the forums and that alone puts it in folks minds that their may be a problem...then they do not want to take a chance so they go out and buy ammo, then the prices start going up. It becomes a self fullfilling prophecy.

I don't see in my gardening forum folks stocking up on lettuce.......
    We're doing it behind your back.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Shortages? Consider:

Replacement of Ginsberg, Breyer, Kennedy and possibly Scalia in the next 4 years with younger Kagan/Sotomayor ideological clones. Could be the end of the 1st, 2nd & 4th amendments as we know them today. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; November 7th, 2012 at 04:10 PM.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links