atctimmy's NON POLITICAL predictions.....

This is a discussion on atctimmy's NON POLITICAL predictions..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by atctimmy I predict: That you better buy your AR soon because they are going to double in price this month. We're on ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: atctimmy's NON POLITICAL predictions.....

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I predict:

That you better buy your AR soon because they are going to double in price this month.
    We're on our way to the Florida Gun Exchange this afternoon.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I've stocked up on ammo for a couple reasons. One, I don't know whats going to happen. I don't recognize my country any more.
    I also buy food and non perishables in bulk to save money. It's all going to go up in price. If I have room to store it, it costs me nothing to do so. Food, clothing, toiletries, everything goes up. We went through an ice storm here a few years ago. Some people were without power for weeks. I dont want to rely on the Government to rescue me. To me, buying ammo is no different than keeping staples stocked up for an emergency.
    lchamp and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.
    Prepare for the worst and hope it never happens

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckycarry View Post
    I've stocked up on ammo for a couple reasons. One, I don't know whats going to happen. I don't recognize my country any more.
    I also buy food and non perishables in bulk to save money. It's all going to go up in price. If I have room to store it, it costs me nothing to do so. Food, clothing, toiletries, everything goes up. We went through an ice storm here a few years ago. Some people were without power for weeks. I dont want to rely on the Government to rescue me. To me, buying ammo is no different than keeping staples stocked up for an emergency.
    I bought a farm. : )
    thephanatik and aznav like this.

You get unlimited 12g shotgun ammo if you live on a farm, ala Hershel on the Walking Dead.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Might be a good time to sell those AR recievers in the goody box.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I started this thread in jest (satire I guess) to make fun of what's about to happen because, as I've said in other posts, I'm stocked up. In fact, most of us here are probably well supplied.

But since you asked the question:

OK I'll really lay it out for you.....MANY formerly anti or middle ground folks are in fear of and ignorant about what happens next.

I'm not talking about gun bans or new laws. I'm talking about the United States in general. With debt mounting and the economy on the rocks there is real fear. Fear about what happens next. There are tough times ahead in the US, of this there can be no doubt. How bad will it get? Nobody knows how bad and that is where the fear and ignorance come in.

There are fears about increased crime and lawlessness due to increased unemployment.

There are fears about the National Debt.

There are (well founded) fears of the dollar losing it's place as the world's currency and all of our money suddenly losing 9 to 25% of it's value overnight.

There are fears of a total economic meltdown, mass inflation, hysteria and rioting similar to Argentina a decade ago. In fact, our financial numbers are worse than Argentina and well past the historical tipping point.

Because of all of the above mentioned fears in the US I believe that many former NON gun owners will be flocking to the firearms market, probably en mass. The 2008 election was a catalyst for a massive run on arms (for entirely different reasons). I believe this election will have similar results.
    Well written.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Farm livin' is the life for me!

Realistically, this is going to be worse than 2008. It won't hit my area as bad as some, but I fully expect ammo to go up a couple dollars a box. AR's will go through the roof. I may even cash one of mine out if it gets high enough.
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    I am part of the problem. I decided a great way to forget about some recent unfortunate events would be to make a mountain of brass at the range. As I was grabbing gear I stopped at the ammo. Why use any of what I have stockpiled while it is still available on the shelves so freely?

Even a revived AWB wouldn't do anything to the availability of ammo. However, those that are in a panic about what the election means to our country are likely to make things difficult on the rest of us for the next few months. So, instead of taking the range ammo I have here at the house I went to Wally World and bought everything they had in 9mm, .40 S&W, and 45 ACP. Yeah, I'm a jerk and helped the process along. But my ammo stocks are still full.

So Timmy I believe you're right- with a little help from me your predictions are likely to come true.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; November 7th, 2012 at 04:14 PM.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    Heller was 5-4. I find that very scary. Just one could be all it takes.

I would answer the rest of your question but that would probably put me in violation of the no politics rule. But in short, I believe that many believe we are on the cusp of financial ruin.
    The many's belief was that one candidate, due to his background in business, and his choice of a VP, who had specialized in fiscal matters, was our only hope to stop the downward economic spiral we are in.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; November 7th, 2012 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    I am part of the problem. I decided a great way to forget about some recent unfortunate events would be to make a mountain of brass at the range. As I was grabbing gear I stopped at the ammo. Why use any of what I have stockpiled while it is still available on the shelves so freely?

Even a revived AWB wouldn't do anything to the availability of ammo. However, those that are in a panic about what the election means to our country are likely to make things difficult on the rest of us for the next few months. So, instead of taking the range ammo I have here at the house I went to Wally World and bought everything they had in 9mm, .40 S&W, and 45 ACP. Yeah, I'm a jerk and helped the process along. But my ammo stocks are still full.

So Timmy I believe you're right- with a little help from me your predictions are likely to come true.
    If I had the extra cash, I'd do the same thing, for the same reason.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; November 7th, 2012 at 04:14 PM.

VIP Member
    Heller was 5-4. I find that very scary. Just one could be all it takes.

I would answer the rest of your question but that would probably put me in violation of the no politics rule.
    I, too will keep it on the 2nd. How many people, precisely are now allowed to carry firearms as a result of Heller? Folks like you and me have Ohioans For Concealed Carry and Buckeye Firearms, and the politicians they helped along the way to thank for our current status. Similarly, the people of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts have the recently-pro-gun Mitt Romney's signature on this: "Assault Weapon" Facts and Information for MA Residents
    CaveJohnson likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I, too will keep it on the 2nd. How many people, precisely are now allowed to carry firearms as a result of Heller? Folks like you and me have Ohioans For Concealed Carry and Buckeye Firearms, and the politicians they helped along the way to thank for our current status. Similarly, the people of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts have the recently-pro-gun Mitt Romney's signature on this: "Assault Weapon" Facts and Information for MA Residents
    How many would have lost their rights if Heller went the other way? Who knows? What other decisions would have followed a Heller loss?

It's not what we have my friend, it's what we will lose with a long term shift in the SC. That is what is scary.

Yup, that's why it wouldn't have been much different if last night went the other way. My state has awful gun laws he said he was never going to touch.

VIP Member
    How many would have lost their rights if Heller went the other way? Who knows? What other decisions would have followed a Heller loss?

It's not what we have my friend, it's what we will lose with a long term shift in the SC. That is what is scary.
    It becomes a debate between the slippery slope, current events, and history. I know that Ohioans enjoy more 2nd amendment-related benefits now than at any time in history, unlike the folks in Massachusetts.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    It becomes a debate between the slippery slope, current events, and history. I know that Ohioans enjoy more 2nd amendment-related benefits now than at any time in history, unlike the folks in Massachusetts.
    True, true. Sadly, I think we will see what a one judge shift looks like in the next four years. I am still mad at daddy Bush for hosing us with his nominees back in the late 80s/early 90s. Only time will tell.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links