Another Great American Gone

This is a discussion on Another Great American Gone within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; America lost another great one today. These men not only broke racial barriers in the military, but their unselfish heroism helped break the back of ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By archer51

Thread: Another Great American Gone

VIP Member

Post Another Great American Gone

America lost another great one today. These men not only broke racial barriers in the military, but their unselfish heroism helped break the back of the German Luftwaffe.

RIP LtCol Carter.

Retired Lt. Col. Herbert Carter, one of the original Tuskegee Airmen, died Thursday at East Alabama Medical Center in Opelika, according to Tuskegee Mayor Johnny Ford. He was 95 years old.
    Tuskegee Airman Herbert Carter dead at 95 | theGrio
    Jeanlouise and swiftyjuan like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Godspeed soldiers.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    GM just had a big ceremony with the Airmen today.

From article;

DETROIT – To commemorate Veterans Day, General Motors is expanding its military discount and welcoming a retired member of the Tuskegee Airmen to Friday’s joint UAW Local 160 Veterans Committee and GM Veterans Affinity Group ceremonies at the GM Technical Center in Warren, Mich.

Previously available only to active duty, reservists, retired service members and their spouses, GM has broadened the discount program – effective immediately – to include veterans within a year after discharge.

“We wanted to accommodate the large numbers of returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan and the impending draw down of service members from all branches,” said Linda Stouffer, GM marketing manager for vehicle purchase programs. “The GM Military Discount Program is just one way we thank the millions of servicemen and women struggling to balance the needs of their families and service to their country.”
    GM Expands Military Discount, Welcomes Tuskegee Airman

The Great Generation is slowly slipping away.
    God rest his soul.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Thanks for sharing this. He'll be in my thoughts this weekend.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If anyone wants to learn of patriotism above and beyond duty, reead about the Tuskeegee Airmen.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Man, forget it!

I had the misfortune of meeting this great mans youngest son and know the reputation of his eldest son and daughter.

It breaks my heart to know how he lived his last years.

Rest easy sir! You deserve it! Thank-you for all you did for this country and your comunity. Words cannot express the gratitude and extreme sadness I feel.
    Last edited by hk45c; November 10th, 2012 at 12:23 AM.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Rest in peace, Warrior.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

God speed Lt Col Carter. Another one, of America's Greatest Generation, passes onto Eternity. Gone, but never forgotten.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Administrator
    Lt. Col. Herbert Carter RIP
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links