Brutus came last night....

This is a discussion on Brutus came last night.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I missed the memo,when did winter storms start getting names?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Brutus came last night....

I missed the memo,when did winter storms start getting names?
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    I missed the memo,when did winter storms start getting names?
    I have no idea. I thought it was weird too.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Last night we received 3 1/2 inches here my first snow fall in 16yrs, sat back with hot coco with a touch of cinnamon schnapps and the fire place going. Ah life is good

VIP Member
    Noooooooooooooooo! Too much snow for November!
    Glad you weren't hurt in your little spin around Spidey!

We haven't gotten any snow yet but according to the almanac it's going to be a very bad winter in my area with a lot of snow.
    The year before last we got a couple of significant snows. One was 23" in 24 hours.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Re: Brutus came last night....

It wasn't too bad. First time I've ever gone in the ditch, though. The worst part was thinking "Dang it! I'm gonna have to get pulled out!" while I was spinning. Lol. Usually I'm the one pulling other people out. I was completely surprised when it drove right out.

Snow and ice can make anyone humble. Glad you're OK.

Our high tomorrow is 20.

I left northern Minnesota it 1978 and I do not miss the extremely cold temperatures. What I do miss is the snowbilling with friends. We used to take the kids out and have a picnic. We would remove the snow from a small area and build a fire and roast hot dogs and marshmallows. Ten months of winters and two months of bad sledding up there. Georgia's weather suits me better now.

was a frgid 52 this morning . brrrrrrr warming up to a cold 77 today , gonna be hard to survive.lol. on a serious side looks like you folks in the north and midwest are in for a early snowfall and winter se in. i salute you for braving the cold every year , i cant handle the cold weather like i used too but i know some of the most beautiful country is in montana, wyoming and the mid west

Wife had a couple meeting in Denver (we are on the western slope) so I went along just to check out some Military Surplus stores.

On the way home, just as we were getting up the eastern side of Vail Pass (10,662 feet) we hit the snow and traffic came to a stand still for about 20 min, it was snowing so hard visibility was only about 50 yards and in the 20 min we were stopped snow accumulated almost 1 inch on the top of the car. It was cold enough the ski slopes were making snow and the slopes with snow cannons were full.

Her next meeting in Denver is in JAN and I think for that I will take the F350 dully 4X4 with off road tires and put 1,000 pounds of sand in the back, might even pick up some chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    I have no idea. I thought it was weird too.
    I noticed that too. I was looking for a hurricane- not a cold front.

Administrator
    Thanks for nothin'! You just reminded me of what that white stuff looks like.

We will get our snow soon enough here in PA.
    I am not trying to rub any road salt into any cold weather wounds but TODAY we had the most glorious day here in Pennsylvania. The leaves were falling off the trees and it was sunny, not too warm & not too cool and was breezy.

I had a ton of work to do inside but, I shelved that and spent almost the entire day outside with the mutt. Walking, raking leaves, getting the yard ready for the abominable snowman to arrive.

It was a true Indian Summer day today. T-Shirt weather. But, I AM getting the snow thrower ready for the inevitable.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Thanks for nothin'! You just reminded me of what that white stuff looks like.

We will get our snow soon enough here in PA.
    I am not trying to rub any road salt into any cold weather wounds but TODAY we had the most glorious day here in Pennsylvania. The leaves were falling off the trees and it was sunny, not too warm & not too cool and was breezy.

I had a ton of work to do inside but, I shelved that and spent almost the entire day outside with the mutt. Walking, raking leaves, getting the yard ready for the abominable snowman to arrive.

It was a true Indian Summer day today. T-Shirt weather. But, I AM getting the snow thrower ready for the inevitable.
    I pulled out the smaller snow blower, took one look at the drift I had to get through, then took it right back into the garage and dug out the BIG one. 28" MTD with big knobby tires, and huge metal blades. None of those wimpy little things with rubber blades and plastic wheels. Those are for yuppie snow. This is REAL snow.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Greetings from Central Florida! no snow here!

Glad you are Ok. I had my fill of the white stuff when I was held prisoner of war on the North side of Boston one winter. To show how stupid I am, after I escaped that year I moved to Quebec Canada for a year.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links