Big day for gun sales!

Big day for gun sales!

This is a discussion on Big day for gun sales! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Today I went to the range to practice. The guy who owns the range also sells guns and teaches CCW classes. He said that on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Big day for gun sales!

VIP Member

Big day for gun sales!

Today I went to the range to practice. The guy who owns the range also sells guns and teaches CCW classes.
    He said that on Wednesday, the day after the election, he sold over $16,000 worth of guns and ammo!
    So, the election DID bring something good...for him anyway.
    nerdyvirgin and BurgerBoy like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Same story at my range. Just go online and look at all the back order or out of stock notices. Specially on carbines.
    darbo likes this.

mkh
    I bought 3 holsters this week for my Sigs and 1000 rds of 9mm the last week. Doing my little part to help the economy.
    Last edited by mkh; November 10th, 2012 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Spelling

what for a revolution?? Even I know Obama will not take your guns away.... maybe in afew years but not now.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; November 11th, 2012 at 09:34 AM.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Yep, walked into our lgs & indoor range today and you couldn't even turn around in there. Saturday is a big for CWP classes and they normally take up about half the range for that. but it was absolutely jammed. I left pretty quickly. On a good note, we have another new lgs & indoor range opened just a couple weeks ago and I'm hoping to get a job there, either part time or full time depending on the offer. Maybe... just maybe...
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    My LGS sold out of Glocks today.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Went to my LGS last night to buy a Ruger SR9. I live in Illinois so they do an on the spot background check. The guy behind the counter said it looked like they were heading towards 10,000 backgorund checks in the state since election day. He can tell my the number sequences assigned. Maybe he is right, maybe not, but I think he is close to accurate and that is just in one state and the only state without CC.

The Tulsa Gun show was a madhouse today. Lotsa guns Lotsa people. a Remington 1911 R1 .45 followed me home and my Wife said I could keep it...

In recent years there have been many "big days" in gun sales. From many of the media reports guns/ammo/holsters,etc., are a booming business and rising........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

And you can bet, the politicians will take notice of that...... it was a good message... that people want to keep their 2A rights in tact.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Since I'm home on R&R right I have been doing a fair share of shooting at my local indoor facility. It was crowded yesterday with a CCW class going on. It was more crowded than usual and the CCW class was quite large. Sales are definately good right now. Ammo is getting hard to find online. Good for the economy it looks like.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I did my part...Walther PPQ 9mm.

VIP Member
    I buy guns........it creates jobs.
    BenGoodLuck and wraithls1 like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    The Tulsa Gun show was a madhouse today. Lotsa guns Lotsa people. a Remington 1911 R1 .45 followed me home and my Wife said I could keep it...
    I think an AK will be following me home the next gun show. I'm selling some stock in December since the capital gains tax will double next year. I think an AK is not a bad small investment. ;)

Power to the People. Absolutely.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links