Christmas present

Christmas present

This is a discussion on Christmas present within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Partial dilemma here-- significant other asks me what I want for Christmas, but it cannot be a gun. Can be accessories, but not another gun. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Christmas present

Christmas present

Partial dilemma here-- significant other asks me what I want for Christmas, but it cannot be a gun. Can be accessories, but not another gun. Frown face.
    So now I'm thinking-- what do I need or want? I've got holsters for my CCW's; my AR-15 can't even hold anything else on the rails; and I'm sure the BATF already has my name on a file for the amount of ammo and hand loading components I have.
    I'm searching for good ideas. Max would be a bout $500. Not a bad amount (this'll change when our youngin gets older and we spend all the money on her).
    Guess I'm asking, what are you guys wanting for Christmas? Maybe I can steal an idea or two.
    Yeah, I know, horrible position to be in. But, we save our money throughout the year to spend on each other at Christmas.

VIP Member
    Can it be a gift card or does it have to be something specific?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

She's smart enough to know that if it's a gift card, it'll probably go towards the purchase of something that goes bang in future and defeats the purpose of 'no more guns' for now.

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Partial dilemma here-- significant other asks me what I want for Christmas, but it cannot be a gun
    Crossbow!

Seriously, ask for a training class for both of you. You both get training and get to spend time with each other. Pick something appropreate for her comfort though. For you it might be a good refresher on foundation, but for her at least it isn't repelling from a MH-60M

VIP Member
    I was also told that I'm not getting a gun for Christmas (Although I'm still fighting for my son to get one).

Mrs. Whec told me that I'm getting a wakeboard . Apparently she hasn't noticed that I've aged a good bit since we first met 18 years ago.
    RoadRunner71 likes this.

Christmas present

a Surefire forend for your shotgun. a tlr2s for a HD pistol. a small wall safe for a downstairs pistol. some AR500 steel targets. a dueling tree. new spotting scope. a class or course. an extra aimpoint or magnifier. 2000rds ammo. reloading equipment. a Molon Labe tattoo on your butt. a N82 Pro or Foxx for every handgun you own. a new EDC folder. new EDC light.
    Ransom likes this.

Funny you mention the Molon Labe tattooo-- she knows it'll be added to my collection at some point. Probably not my butt, but not a bad location. Kinda sends a take these and kiss my rear message.
    Course, if I ever end up in prison, not sure I want anything on my a$$ that says, 'Come and take these'.
    Just sayin.

Good ideas from everyone. Thanks and keep em coming. As for the wake board, you're on your own there, sailor. Last wakeboard I was on ended up with me pounding sand with my face.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I was also told that I'm not getting a gun for Christmas (Although I'm still fighting for my son to get one).

Mrs. Whec told me that I'm getting a wakeboard . Apparently she hasn't noticed that I've aged a good bit since we first met 18 years ago.
    Probably would do less damage with a gun. :)
    WHEC724 likes this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    What about a new upper for your AR?
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

GD-- not a bad idea. Maybe a 6.8 conversion (at least part payment). I like it!

gun safe?
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Big ol' Lincoln Liberty 35 sitting in the basement already.

AMMO! (You never have enough!)
    lchamp likes this.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

As nature hates a vacuum,so do women...another safe would need filling at sometime.Think long term...
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

mkh
    Get some training. Maybe something at Thunder Ranch or whoever your favorite instructor is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links