The Walking Dead

This is a discussion on The Walking Dead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I suppose "Universal Precautions" are no longer in play....

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead

VIP Member
    I suppose "Universal Precautions" are no longer in play.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I was thinking about looking into the comic storyline via online sources to see what could possibly be coming down the road.

Does anyone know of any good forums or anything that has this type of info for those that aren't concerned about spoiler alerts.

Quote Originally Posted by .45acpguy View Post
    Presenting both brothers appears to create a major conundrum.

I am more concerned, however that Michonne grabbed that shard of glass from the aqaurium where some zombie heads had been marinating. I leapt to the conclusion that Michonne may have just infected herself with the zombie infection and, almost certainly, the governor having a major shard of that glass in his eye is also possibly infected.

Everyone has the virus in them already. The transfer of fluids is a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by .45acpguy View Post
    Presenting both brothers appears to create a major conundrum.

I am more concerned, however that Michonne grabbed that shard of glass from the aqaurium where some zombie heads had been marinating. I leapt to the conclusion that Michonne may have just infected herself with the zombie infection and, almost certainly, the governor having a major shard of that glass in his eye is also possibly infected.
    A lot of disease's and bacterial disease's die when exposed to air for too long, no reason solanum would be any different.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    They have gotten a LOT looser with body fluids. Remember the first episode when Rick and the Black guy and his kid were killing 'Walkers?' They wore face masks. Now they used the same ax to cut the Vets leg off that just killed a 'Walker.' Guess it is easier to write into the script that way.
    They (the guy and his kid) where over prepared and uninformed about how the disease spread, it wasn't a change in writing. As for the axe, I already answered that but that being said, it was risky. Layers of blood could have insulated infected blood long enough for transfer.

Ive been on the zombie thing since freshman year. I liked zombies when they where still "underground! Get it? Underground! Well...I thought it was funny.
    357and40 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    They (the guy and his kid) where over prepared and uninformed about how the disease spread, it wasn't a change in writing. As for the axe, I already answered that but that being said, it was risky. Layers of blood could have insulated infected blood long enough for transfer.

Ive been on the zombie thing since freshman year. I liked zombies when they where still "underground! Get it? Underground! Well...I thought it was funny.
    In season one, I believe, the CDC Dr. whispered something to Rick before they left the CDC as the Dr. was preparing to blow it up. At the end of the second season Rick revealed to the group that they all carry the virus. No fluid transfer or biting is needed to turn. Shane and the kid that they held captive at the farm both turned without being bit.

Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    Everyone has the virus in them already. The transfer of fluids is a moot point.
    Not so, while they are infected the level of infection matters, hence bites (the transfer of large amounts of solanum through saliva and/or blood.) cause immediate transformation as opposed to the "natural" course of the disease that is to wait till the complete shutdown of the nervous system (I.E death.) before taking control.
    Notice I said control not effect, once a large enough body of solanum is present it attacks the nervous system causing pain in random body parts, general motor skill loss, bad vision ,haggard breath and difficulty in thought processes. That is when the body fights back with fever that ends with death. Ironically the very thing that leads to complete control of the host body.
    Transfer of fluids isn't exactly necessary because eventually the solanum would reproduce in the host body and go through the process, but that would take (Apparently.) a very long time and we either haven't seen it (Yet!) or a person would likely die by natural cases before such an amount would ever occur.
    All hints point to it (solanum.) being a solid transfer (water,food,blood,etc.) of material and not in the air. Otherwise breathing around a zed would infect you, obviously not the case.

In season one, I believe, the CDC Dr. whispered something to Rick before they left the CDC as the Dr. was preparing to blow it up. At the end of the second season Rick revealed to the group that they all carry the virus. No fluid transfer or biting is needed to turn. Shane and the kid that they held captive at the farm both turned without being bit.
    I agree with EVERYTHING you have said. I believe, however, that you don't turn until you die UNLESS you are bitten and then you'll go on turn in a certain amountof time - like a matter of minutes or hours for example.

The infection is wide spread but not by air, its in the water and possibly on the food. A small infection that is defeated by a living person (well, their immune system.) is more then enough to "control" a dead body.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    I agree with EVERYTHING you have said. I believe, however, that you don't turn until you die UNLESS you are bitten and then you'll go on turn in a certain amountof time - like a matter of minutes or hours for example.
    You dont turn till you die, period. A bite simply overworks the body's natural immune system response (Most notably fever.) to the point of death in a rapid manor.

Dont play my game boys, yer just not ready yet. LOL. I may be new to guns but I've been a hardcore geek my whole life.

The infection is wide spread but not by air, its in the water and possibly on the food. A small infection that is defeated by a living person (well, their immune system.) is more then enough to "control" a dead body.
    I'm not sure of what you are saying there.

What it boils down to is the CDC Dr. told Rick that EVERYONE carries the virus now. They don't go into how they became carriers, none the less everyone does care the virus. At this point spreading of the virus is a moot point as everyone already carries it.

You dont turn till you die, period. A bite simply overworks the body's natural immune system response (Most notably fever.) to the point of death in a rapid manor.
    Gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Dont play my game boys, yer just not ready yet. LOL. I may be new to guns but I've been a hardcore geek my whole life.
    Don't get the big head now. ;-)

I'm not sure of what you are saying there.

What it boils down to is the CDC Dr. told Rick that EVERYONE carries the virus now. They don't go into how they became carriers, none the less everyone does care the virus. At this point spreading of the virus is a moot point as everyone already carries it.
    I believe he's saying that the agent that makes people into zombies will over work the immune system and will kill them if they receive an outside dosage as to what they're already carrying. Its true they are carrying the virus as it is and will become a zombie after they die. If they pick up more of the same agent, however, it will overpower the system, kill them and then they will turn as opposed to them living out their natural life cycle and then turning, etc.
    Edward7 likes this.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Links